Mexican Pulled Pork. Try these pulled pork tacos made with slow cooker Mexican pulled pork! Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas or Mexican Pulled Pork is the best Mexican pork recipe whether you stuff it into a tortilla, taco shell or turn it into a burrito bowl! Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Recipe.
Reviews for: Photos of Mexican Style Shredded Pork. These are the BEST Pork Carnitas (Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork) you will ever try! Or so say all the reviews! You can cook Mexican Pulled Pork using 29 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Pulled Pork
- You need 1 each of Pork Shoulder Blade Roast (Boston Butt) approx. 6-7 Pounds.
- It’s 1 each of Green Bell Pepper, Sliced.
- You need 1 each of Red Bell Pepper, Sliced.
- You need 2 each of Onions, Sliced.
- It’s of Dry Rub.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Lawry's Season Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Corriander.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of Mole Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Raisins.
- Prepare 6 each of New Mexico Chile Peppers, Seeded.
- You need 1/4 cup of Almonds, Roasted.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Allspice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Corriander.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1 quart of Pork Stock (may substitute Chicken Stock).
- It’s 1/2 oz of Unsweetened Chocolate.
- It’s 1 each of Slice of Bread, Toasted Dark.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar (how come you taste so good?).
Your search for the Best Pork Carnitas Recipe stops here. Tips for making this yummy Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork). The ideal cut of pork to use for this recipe is pork shoulder. Pulled pork is a versatile and tasty recipe that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways: straight off the plate, stuffed in a potato or even in a Mexican-Style Pulled Pork Recipe.
Mexican Pulled Pork instructions
- Mix all ingredients for dry rub thouroughly..
- Apply dry rub to outside of pork butt, liberally..
- Lay out fire for for indirect cooking..
- Place pork but over drip pan, add wood chips for smoking..
- Cook at 250°-300°F, replinishing wood chips as needed for 2-3 hours..
- While pork is smoking, start mole sauce..
- Place chile peppers, and raisins in wide bottomed sauce pan, over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes until they become aromatic..
- Add spices, tomato paste, almonds, and sesame oil to pan. Cook an additional 1 minute.
- Add stock to pan, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil..
- When sauce comes to a boil, add chocolate, an crumbled, toasted bread then reduce heat to a simmer..
- Simmer sauce for one hour, then using either an immersion blender or stand blender, puree the sauce until smooth..
- Return sauce to a simmer for another hour, then add brown sugar, and season with salt if neccesary..
- After pork butt has been thouroughly smoked, lightly sautee the peppers and onions..
- Place peppers, onions, mole sauce, and pork but in baking dish, and tent with aluminum foil..
- Return pan to indirect heat until the pork easily shreds and pulls away from the bone..
- Mix the shredded pork with the sauce, peppers, and onions..
- Serve on warm tortilla shells with your choice of condiments..
- Some suggestions: Salsa Fresca (a quick recipe is available on my profile), Shredded Cheese, Fresh Cilantro Leaves, Sour Cream, and Sliced Avocado..
Crispy Pork Carnitas are so insanely delicious. Pork is slow cooked with spices and a bit of citrus zest until tender and succulent. The pork is pulled and crisped on the outside for the perfect filler for. · Try these pulled pork tacos made with slow cooker Mexican pulled pork! The pork is rubbed with spices, slow-cooked, shredded and served with tortillas in tacos or burritos. Be the first to write a review!