Vickys Slow Cooked Sausage & Bacon Stew, GF DF EF SF NF. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Great recipe for Vickys Slow Cooked Sausage & Bacon Stew, GF DF EF SF NF.
Leave the potatoes in chunks OR lightly mash them in the slow cooker until slightly chunky (I prefer mashing the potatoes lightly). Stir in the cooked sausage, tortellini, half and half, and spinach. On especially cold winter days, my family loves this with mild Italian sausage. You can cook Vickys Slow Cooked Sausage & Bacon Stew, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Slow Cooked Sausage & Bacon Stew, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 8 of gluten-free pork sausages.
- Prepare 4 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 400 grams of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 100 grams of frozen peas.
- You need 2 of carrots, diced.
- It’s 1 of leeks, sliced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree/paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with a little cold water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
I agree about the cold days, but I prefer a spicy sausage blend, which gives it a bit of a zing. —Cindi DeClue, Anchorage, Alaska. This slow cooker sausage and peppers recipe is naturally paleo, low carb and keto friendly, but everyone else will enjoy it, too. I love the 'set it and forget it' hands off nature of using the slow cooker. Heat a heavy bottomed casserole dish over medium heat.
Vickys Slow Cooked Sausage & Bacon Stew, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Brown off the sausages and bacon under the grill/broiler.
- Meanwhile add all the vegetables, the tomatoes, garlic, paprika and herbs to a slow cooker or casserole dish.
- Chop the bacon but leave the sausages whole. Add them to the casserole dish.
- Add the water and chicken bouillon to the cornstarch and mix. Pour over the sausages etc and give a gentle stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, high for 4 hours or in a preheated oven for 2 hours at gas 6 / 200C /400F.
- Serve with potatoes and some greens.
Add the onion, carrot, pepper and potato to the pan and cook. A super simple and delicious family meal. Add the remaining oil, lower the heat to medium and cook the onion until soft. Cut the sausage into fourths lengthwise and then into bite sized pieces and brown the sausage in a non-stick pan. (I used my favorite Green Pan (affiliate link) which didn't need oil, but you might need a little olive oil with a different pan.) Put the browned sausage in the slow cooker (I used my Ninja Cooker (affiliate link), but a smaller slow cooker would have been fine.) This is yummy! I cook the sausages in the oven while I make the sauce and prep the veg.