Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches. I threw this recipe together real quick because I set out pork chops this morning but then by late afternoon I didn't feel like fried pork chops so I. This slow cooker Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce will be the most tender, moist, and flavourful you've ever had in your life! No self respecting BBQ Shack would cook pulled pork in a slow cooker.
This “best odds” sauce uses simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry and gives you the best chance of making an outstanding and flavorful pulled pork sandwich. I prepared BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches using a slow cooker, and then I gathered fun toppings so that my “guests” could customize their sandwiches. Sweet Pepper Honey Cornbread Muffins by Lindsey of Butter & Type. You can cook Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
- It’s of ● For The Pulled Pork.
- You need 1 (5 lb) of Bone In Pork Shoulder Roast [left whole].
- Prepare 4 (14 oz) of Cans Beef Broth.
- You need 1 of Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- You need 1 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 7 Cloves of Garlic [minced].
- You need 2 of LG Jalapeño Peppers [minced].
- It’s 1 of Small Can Hatch Green Chilies.
- It’s 4 Drops of Liquid Smoke [not extract – just plain ole' liquid smoke].
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of ● For The Garnishments & Extras.
- It’s 1 of LG Purple Onion [sliced].
- It’s of Chilled Clausens Dill Pickles [slices or whole – no substitutions].
- Prepare of Tiger Sauce [= 1 medium tub sour cream mixed with 1 small bottle quality horseradish].
- It’s of Pre-made Chilled Cole Slaw [optional].
- Prepare of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- You need 1 Bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce [+ reserves for sandwich topping].
- You need of ● For The Bread Options.
- Prepare as needed of Thick Slices Artisanal Bread.
- Prepare as needed of LG Ciabatta Buns.
- It’s as needed of LG Hamburger Buns.
Main Dish: Spicy Chicken with Grilled Peaches by Brett of Her Tasty Life. Stud the roast with the cloves and rub with the Smokey BBQ Rub. Place the roast in a slow cooker and top with the onions. Easy slow-cooker pulled pork topped with tangy Memphis style coleslaw, dill pickles and your favorite bbq sauce.
Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches instructions
- Here's all you'll need. Tiger Sauce ingredients not pictured. No room..
- Using a small amount of oil – pan sear your pork roast on high on all sides without burning it. Then, flip her over – fat side up..
- From your ● Pulled Pork Section – whisk two cans of your beef broth and all spices together. Pour mixture into your pot..
- Chop your vegetables from your ● Pulled Pork Section and add to your pot. Add your third can of beef broth if needed. If not, save it and, the 4th can for later as your original broth will eventually boil down. Also, slice your purple onions and refrigerate them for your garnish..
- Allow roast to simmer for at least 2 1/2 hours minimum – stove top – with a tight fitting lid. I allow mine to go for 4 hours. Carefully flip her over occasionally for even cooking and moisture retention. You'll know she's done when you can easily shred her apart with two forks. Or, the pork bone pulls out with ease..
- In the meantime, prepare your Tiger Sauce. Mix 1 medium tub Sour Cream and a small jar of a quality Horseradish Sauce. Know chives are a fantastic addition to this sauce as well if you have them on hand. Allow sauce to chill in the fridge for a few hours – stirring occasionally..
- When your roast is easily shreadable by fork – drain, but retain its delicious leftover broth. You can utilize it in almost any dish you create over the next week. Even a simple dish like Top Ramen! Pick out any fatty deposits..
- Place shredded meat mixture back into your pot and add your DELICIOUS Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce amounts to your liking and mix. Moist or dry, it's all up to you! But, we always go wet! It's unanimous! We even re-coat our sandwiches with it upon serving. Reheat shredded pork..
- Generously pile your sweet pulled pork on to your bread [you'll definitely want a sturdy bread] of choice and add your chilled purple onions. Also, drizzle your Tiger Sauce and additional SBR's on your sandwiches to taste. Top sandwiches with chilled Cole Slaw and dill pickles if desired. Or, serve pickle halves to the side. You'll need them to cut the sweetness of the SBR's. The Clausens Dill Pickle brand is absolutely the best one out there! Trust me. I know my pickles! ;0) You'll find them in your refrigerated section of your local market..
- Enjoy your Summer and your sandwiches!.
And I nearly died of food happiness. I like BBQ pulled pork, I like coleslaw, I like pickles…but together, it was on a completely different plane of food awesomeness. Momofuku Ssäm Bar • Manhattan David Chang likes eating these vinegary, spicy sandwiches late at night with a mint julep. Easy pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches that are easy and fast to make. Homemade BBQ sauce is sweet, smokey, and spicy.