Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF. A nice alternative to roast turkey. Serve with the usual Christmas accompaniments and enjoy!
It's first boiled in an aromatic cola mixture then basted with a honey, maple & mustard glaze and baked in the oven until golden and sticky.. Serve with the usual Christmas accompaniments and enjoy!. whatever vegetables and condiments you fancy, chips (perhaps with an egg), to give body to a salad or in a sandwich. Gammon is an easily overlooked joint and yet can provide. You can have Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 2 kg of boneless, unsmoked gammon (ham) joint (4.4 lbs).
- You need 2 litres of cheap 'fat' cola (8 cups plus 1/3).
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and quartered.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, thickly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare of For the Glaze.
- It’s 150 ml of maple syrup (2/3 cup).
- It’s 2 tbsp of wholegrain mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground cloves.
See great recipes for Slow cooked gammon in coke. too! I make this glazed gammon/ham every year for Christmas. It's first boiled in an aromatic cola mixture then basted with a honey, maple & mustard glaze and baked in the oven until golden and sticky.. See more ideas about Recipes, Food, Cooking recipes.
Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Put the gammon in a large pan with the onion, sliced carrot, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and bay leaf. If your gammon is from the supermarket and wrapped in a plastic sleeve to help keep its shape, leave it on. It's heat resistant and won't harm you.
- Pour the cola in and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to low, cover but vent and let gently simmer for 2.5 hours, adding boiling water if the liquid level drops below the top of the gammon joint.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C /375F and line a roasting tin with foil.
- Lift the gammon out of the pan and let settle on a plate while you discard the rest of the pan contents. You can take the plastic off at this point.
- Put the gammon into the roasting tin, then trim off some of the fat to leave an even layer. Score in a criss-cross / diamond pattern.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together and pour half over the gammon.
- Roast for 15 minutes then pour the remaining glaze over and roast another 15 minutes.
- Baste and roast a final 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let rest in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Baste the gammon again with the tray juices before carving.
Christmas Cola Gammon – How to Cook Recipe Happy Christmas from Original Naked Chef. Drizzle honey over the top of the gammon until all fat, cloves and meat are covered, then take handfuls of soft brown sugar and pack onto the honey. Pure Vermont Maple Candy Gift Box. The candy is delicious, pure and natural, made in the USA, isn't mass-produced, supports local businesses, continues the maple sugaring. See more ideas about Pastry, Recipes, Food.