Smoked PiriPiri mackerel with tomato couscous and hummus. Mackerel is one of the most served fish around the world. It comes at a cheap price, but with a strong, distinct flavor, thus making a reliable option when you're in the mood for a fish dinner. If you want to try a simple recipe, cook it on the stove, in a rich tomato sauce, flavored with oregano and garam masala!
Pour over the rice vinegar until it's about halfway up the mackerel. Great with Cous Cous as a main meal. A very healthy and tasty dish. You can cook Smoked PiriPiri mackerel with tomato couscous and hummus using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked PiriPiri mackerel with tomato couscous and hummus
- Prepare 2 of Mackerel fillets.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 50 ml of malt vinegar.
- It’s 100 g of plain couscous.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tin of plum tomatoes.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Fresh thyme, origanum, basil, rosemary.
- You need of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare of Tabasco for serving.
- You need of Lemon or lime for serving.
- Prepare 1 tin of chickpeas.
- You need 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tahini.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black garlic paste.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Smoked Mackerel recipes-Salad recipes-recipe ideas-new recipes-woman and home. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. smoked mackerel fillets with fried potatoes and tomato. fresh smoked scottish mackerel salad with tomato, chopped onion and sliced bread on a plate. Can mackerel in tomato sauce is a really easy yummy dish, it always reminded my of my village, growing up there this was one of the staple food for us,. Fried mackerel with tomato sauce and couscous on a plate with east ornament.
Smoked PiriPiri mackerel with tomato couscous and hummus instructions
- Mackerel can be pan fried, steamed or smoked. My preference is smoking the mackerel once it has been marinaded in piripiri for an hour. Mackerel will be served cold..
- In a deep pan fry all vegetables till glazed and add splash of oil and tsp butter. Add sprig rosemary and season. Add the two tin tomatoes and 50ml water. Reduce heat to half and put lid on to steam for 15 minutes. Add garlic, sugar and couscous and stir. Steam for 5 minutes and take off heat. Leave lid on for 5 minutes..
- Make hummus in blender. Drain chickpeas but keep liquid. Add all the ingredients. Use quarter of chickpea water and process until fine. Gradually add the remaining liquid bit by bit until a very smooth consistency is a achieved. Flavour will be advanced by fresh parsley and basil..
- Poached eggs. Deep pan three quarters full water and add vinegar. Bring to the boil until small bubbles emerge. Create vortex with spoon. And break cold eggs into swirling water. Recipe requires soft eggs so cook to your liking. For best results test. Egg yolk will act as sauce when paired with seasoning..
- Could be served hot or cold. For salad alternative, mix pear, avocado, cucumber, coriander and cherry tomatoes with a side of tzatziki..
Crisp tasty fishcakes meet a succulent juicy scarlet sauce. Cooking smoked mackerel is a simple process. This recipe can create the perfect topping for pasta or salads. Knowing how to cook smoked mackerel is a simple process. Warm up peppered mackerel fillets in an oven parcel.