Kombdi Vade (Chicken Curry With Aromat Fried Flatbread). Kombdi vade is a dish native to the Konkan region in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The dish consists of a traditional chicken curry (including chicken pieces with bones), vade (fluffy fried dumplings made of rice flour, and occasionally of wheat and Ragi flour), onions. Kombdi vade is a dish that is native to the Konkan region in Maharashtra, India.
Kumbdi Vade or Kombdi vade is an amazing dish from the Malvani cuisine. Kombdi Vade literally means poori with chicken curry. The vade or pooris which are fluffy fried dumplings are also occasionally prepared with ragi flour. You can have Kombdi Vade (Chicken Curry With Aromat Fried Flatbread) using 34 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kombdi Vade (Chicken Curry With Aromat Fried Flatbread)
- Prepare 500 gm of Chicken.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Chopped Onions.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped Tomato.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Ginger Garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Malvani Mutton masala.
- It’s 2 tbs of Kolhapuri Kaanda Lasun masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Tamarind.
- It’s To Taste of Salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chopped Coriander Leaves.
- It’s of For marination :.
- You need 1 tsp of Curds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s of For roasting :.
- You need 1 of small Onion Sliced.
- You need 3/4 cup of Fresh Grated Coconut.
- You need 1 piece of (2″ piece) Dry Coconut.
- You need of Whole spices to be roasted :.
- Prepare 2 of Dry Red Bedgi Chillies deseeded.
- Prepare 2 of CLoves.
- You need 1 piece (2 inch) of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of Black Peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 of Green Cardamom.
- Prepare 1 of Black Cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tbs of Coriander Seeds.
- You need of For tempering :.
- It’s 3 tbs of Oil.
- You need 2 of Cloves.
- Prepare 1 piece of (2″) Cinnamon.
- You need 1 of Black Cardamom.
- You need 2 of Green Cardamom.
- Prepare 2 of small bay leaves.
This dish is widely prepared on 'Gatari' and 'Dev Diwali' festivals. Kombdi Vade or Chicken Malvani is a non-vegetarian dish, which is quite popular in Maharashtra. The dish consists of the traditional Malvani chicken curry (including chicken pieces with bones), vade (like a puri, which is a fluffy, fried bread of wheat and nachni flour), onion, lemon and solkadhi. Kombdi vade is basically spicy chicken coconut gravy with fried puri of Bhajani.
Kombdi Vade (Chicken Curry With Aromat Fried Flatbread) step by step
- To make the Kombdi Rassa, first wash the chicken thoroughly in sufficient water. Drain well and cut into desired sized pieces..
- Marinate with curds, ginger garlic paste and and turmeric powder and set aside for about an hour..
- Heat a kadhai to roast the spices and add oil to it. First roast the deseeded dry red chillies and set aside..
- Next, add the mentioned whole spices and roast till they emit a slight aroma. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool..
- Heat the same kadhai and add oil to it for roasting. When it heats up, add the sliced onions and saute till translucent..
- Add to it the grated fresh coconut and saute on low to medium heat till it browns a bit. Switch off the flame and set aside to cool..
- In the meantime, roast the 2″ dry coconut piece on direct flame till it blackens. This takes hardly a few minutes..
- Grind together the roasted whole spices, dry coconut piece, tamarind and the onion coconut mixture, to get a smooth paste using water as required..
- Heat a pan and add oil to it for tempering. When it heats up, add the mentioned whole spices..
- When they splutter, add the chopped onions and saute till slightly browned..
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a while. Add the turmeric powder and mix well..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till mushy..
- Next, add the marinated chicken and mix well. Increase the flame to high and saute for a few minutes..
- Add water, almost upto the level of the chicken and mix. Bring to a boil and add the Malvani Masala and the Kolhapuri Kaanda Lasun Masala and mix..
- Cover and cook on medium heat stirring occasionally till the chicken pieces are well cooked..
- Uncover and add the ground masala paste and salt to taste. Mix and bring to a boil on high flame..
- Check seasoning and adjust as desired. Add some more water if required to get a gravy of medium thick consistency..
- Swtich off the heat and transfer the chicken rassa to a serving bowl..
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve the delicious Chicken Rassa with some Vade or phulkas and a fresh salad by the side!.
This famous Non veg dish is basically from kokan (coastal) region of Maharashtra. This famous Malwani dish is prepared through out year but specially made during festivals like (Spicy Chicken Curry & Fried Puri). how to mkae Kombdi Vade -Deep fried indian bread served with chicken curry. To make chicken curry, reserve one tablespoon chopped coriander leaves for garnish. Grind remaining coriander leaves to a paste along with ginger, garlic and green chillies and marinate the chicken in. 🎦 Kombdi vade. Kombdi vade is a dish native to the Konkan region in the Indian state of Maharashtra.