Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan. Vegan chickpea noodle soup with bright accents of parsley and lemon to lighten up this otherwise wintery soup. With carrots, peas, and whole wheat noodles for a healthy vegetarian spin on the classic – and just as good to eat when you're sick or in need of comfort food. Forget chicken noodle soup, this vegan Chickpea Noodle Soup recipe is loaded with veggies, protein rich chickpeas, hearty pasta & flavorful In this recipe, carrots, celery and onion are sauteed and simmered with vegetable broth, herbs, chickpeas and pasta for a hearty and delicious vegan soup.
Garlic and veggies cooked to golden, then herbs, flavors and broth simmered with cooked chickpeas and rice! Use noodles, vegan chikin subs for. Cozy up with this Chickpea Vegetable Noodle Soup – filled with vegetables and noodles and seasoned with Italian herbs for a delicious fall Vegetables – Celery, carrots, and button mushrooms are my go-to veggies of choice, but this recipe is highly versatile. You can cook Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 3 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lebanese 7 spice or baharat or ras el hanout.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of anything from a pinch to 1/2 tsp chilli flakes depending on taste.
- You need 1 litre of vegan/ veggie stock.
- You need 1 can of /400g chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of can/ 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare of Parsley or coriander to garnish.
Chickpea vegetable soup starts out just the way many soups do – with onion, garlic, carrot, and celery sauteed just a bit before adding broth. I also added potatoes, which I completely forgot about during this photo. If you're looking for a deep vegetarian chicken soup flavor, this Better Than. This warming winter soup features chickpeas, red lentils, quinoa, zucchini, carrot, spinach, and a mild & creamy coconut curry broth.
Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium-low heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Sauté for about 10 mins til they start to soften..
- Add the spices, stir through and cook for a minute or two..
- Add the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil..
- Add the chickpeas and lentils. Season. Bring down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes..
- Squeeze in the lemon. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle the parsley or coriander. Enjoy!.
As the soup sits in the fridge the grains continue absorbing the broth so you might find it necessary to add some extra vegetable stock or water when you reheat it. The best healthy vegan soup recipes for all seasons! The soups listed below are chock full of veggies that will help not only achieve your daily veggie quota but also fill you tank with the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that your body thrives on this season. This vegan chickpea vegetable chowder is satisfying and delicious. It's made with chickpeas, potatoes and carrot for a bit of a twist on classic vegetable chowder.