Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup. How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup: To get started, chop some carrots, onion and celery: I include more carrots and celery than what is traditional for a mirepoix because I love tasting the carrots Can chicken noodle soup be frozen? Yes, for up to three months. Chill it fully in the fridge before freezing.
Zucchini noodles are easy to make with my favorite spiralizer and they only take a couple of minutes to cook. Bake the Chicken: I meal prep herbed baked chicken all the time, then dice and store in the fridge to add to zucchini noodles and salad recipes throughout the week. Not exactly my “type” of blackened chicken though most will probably find it delicious. You can have Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup
- It’s of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of Chicken Breast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter (Unsalted).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Ground Parsley Flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground Orange Peel.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Grillin Mates Mesquite BBQ seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon, zested and juiced.
- Prepare of Mirepoix.
- You need 1/2 of Red Onion sliced (long strips).
- It’s 3 of Celery (chopped 1/4” pieces).
- You need 3 of Carrots, Shredded thinly.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s of Soup.
- You need 1.5 of Zucchini’s (spiraled).
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
I used real onion (not powdered) and a bit of garlic as well. This is a good basic blackening rub and putting the chicken in the oven kept it so moist and yummy. Making homemade chicken noodle soup is actually incredibly easy. Much more nutritious than the canned version Well, would you guess that Chicken Noodle Soup has its very own Mirepoix?
Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup step by step
- In a skillet on low heat, melt butter. Added carrots, celery, and onion. Stir occasionally until translucent. The point of Mirepoix is to bring out the flavors in the veggies, rather than browning (sauté)..
- Meanwhile pat dry both sides of the chicken to remove outer juices, and season both sides and rubbing it into the meat..
- Heat another skillet medium-high heat. Add in oil to coat. Place in chicken and do not move for 6-8min. About halfway through, add in butter and let it froth. Coat the top of the chicken with a spoon (saucing). Flip (it may look slightly burnt, but that’s the goal). Continue to sauce the other side until about 165°-170° for at least 6min. Remove and let rest..
- In same skillet, reduce heat and let zucchini noodles (patted dry and salted) sauté for about 3min. Add chicken broth and let simmer..
- Slice about three strips of chicken per bowl, layer the bottom of the bowl with zucchini noodles and then pour some broth in about level to the noodles. Next, add in the Mirepoix, and top off with the chicken. Finally, squeeze a 1/4 wedge of lime lime over the chicken, and top it with some lime zest..
- Serve and Enjoy!.
For a low carb version, serve this chicken noodle soup with spiralized zucchini instead of egg noodles. Summer is off to quite a rainy start here in the Hudson Valley. The past two weeks have been scattered with a hearty dose of thunderstorms, and nothing makes me crave comfort food like a dark and dreary day spent indoors with the A/C cranked up to full blast. This classic chicken noodle soup is simple to make in less than an hour with ingredients you already have in your pantry. This chicken noodle soup is a life saver when the whole family is down with a bad cold.