Nut Roast in a Meatloaf-style with Lentils, Nuts and Cheese.
You can have Nut Roast in a Meatloaf-style with Lentils, Nuts and Cheese using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nut Roast in a Meatloaf-style with Lentils, Nuts and Cheese
- It’s 150 grams of Split red lentils.
- Prepare 80 grams of Oatmeal.
- You need 50 grams of Nuts of your choice (I use walnuts and almonds).
- Prepare 60 grams of Easy melting cheese (I use Cheddar).
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 of ●Carrot.
- You need 1 of ●Celery.
- It’s 1 of ●Onion.
- You need 1 clove of ●Garlic.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons ▼Cumin powder.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons ▼Coriander powder.
- You need 1/3 tsp of ▼Nutmeg.
- You need 1/3 tsp of ▼Cinnamon.
- It’s of . Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons ★Honey.
Nut Roast in a Meatloaf-style with Lentils, Nuts and Cheese instructions
- Combine the ★ sauce ingredients. Roast the nuts..
- Finely chop the ● vegetables in a food processor. Add nuts at the end and chop roughly..
- Rinse the lentils quickly and cook in plenty of water until they are tender but holding their shape (about 15 minutes : do not overcook)..
- After boiling, drain the lentils in a colander. Leave to cool..
- Put Step 2 into a bowl and add the oatmeal, egg, lentils, cheese, ▼ spices, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix to combine completely..
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin with parchment paper. Press the top gently with your hand to flatten. Bake it in a preheated oven at 200℃ for about 40 minutes..
- After baking, remove the tin from the oven and cover with foil. Leave to stand for about 10 minutes and slice..
- You can slice the nut roast nicely if you cut it as you press the knife down with your hands. Try not to slice it like a saw..
- Pour over the sauce or serve it on the side. It's also nice cold, so make a sandwich with it..