Vickys Asian-BBQ Inspired Meatloaf, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Asian-BBQ Inspired Meatloaf, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Asian-BBQ Inspired Meatloaf, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 90 ml of hoisin sauce (soy-free recipe in my Aromatic Duck Pancake).
- It’s 90 ml of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of chinese 5 spice.
- Prepare 900 g of pork or beef mince / combination of both.
- Prepare 60 g of gluten-free breadcrumbs (2 slices bread).
- You need 2 tbsp of gluten-free Worcestershire sauce + 1 tbsp water *OR*.
- You need of (* 3 tbsp soy sauce*).
Vickys Asian-BBQ Inspired Meatloaf, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and grease a standard loaf tin.
- Mix the hoisin sauce and tomato ketchup together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cook the onion, garlic and ginger for 3 minutes to soften and infuse then take off the heat and stir in the 5 spice. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the pork / beef breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce + water (or soy) and half of the hoisin / tomato sauce mixture in a large bowl with the cooled onion, garlic & ginger. Knead the mixture like you would if making bread. This will help bind the meat better as there's no egg.
- Press the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Drain the fat off then spread the remaining hoisin / tomato sauce on the top of meatloaf. Return to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Carefully drain the fat again and let rest for 10 minutes in the tin before serving (use a fish slice to remove it from the tin) or let cool fully and enjoy chilled.
- Great with rice or mashed potatoes and green vegetables.