Pureed pinto beans and ham. These easy crockpot pinto beans are cooked with ham and a variety of chopped vegetables and seasonings. The dish is hearty and satisfying. Serve these pinto beans with freshly baked cornbread and a tossed salad or fresh sliced tomatoes.
This is truly the best country meal, just like Black Eyed Peas, you. Quickly turn dried Pinto beans into creamy goodness. Once everything is in the Instant Pot, and the lid is locked, it's hands-free cooking — with no additional effort needed. You can have Pureed pinto beans and ham using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pureed pinto beans and ham
- You need 1/4 cup of diced ham.
- It’s 2 TBSP of diced onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped peppers.
- It’s 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken bone broth.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of medium salsa.
- You need 1/2 of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of canned pinto beans.
Put the beans and ham hock in the Instant Pot with onion, garlic, chiles, salt, pepper, and water or broth. Twist to lock the lid, and turn. Add all seasonings except hot sauce and onion. Add pinto beans, hot sauce, and onion.
Pureed pinto beans and ham instructions
- Boil diced onion and chopped peppers in 1/4 cup bone broth until peppers are tender..
- Put all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth and no chunks..
- Nutrition per 2 oz calories 51.47, fat 1.38, carbs 6.14, fiber 1.25, sugar 1.13, protein 3.36. Makes 12 oz Nutrition for 12 oz calories 308.83, fat 8.25, carbs 36.83, fiber 9, sugar 6.83, protein 20.16.
Serve with rice and a meat side dish. Southern pinto beans made in the slow cooker with ham hocks, onion and seasonings are rich and full of flavor. Drain the beans and dump into slow cooker. Stir in chili powder and oregano. Pinto Beans And Ham recipe: Easy crockpot recipe that can be varied to your own taste.