Munster Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts. This delicious stuffed chicken breast recipe is really easy to make and always gets rave reviews! Tender and juicy on the inside with a deliciously crispy skin and an amazing mushroom filling. This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight family dinner and fancy.
These stuffed chicken breasts were inspired by bacon-stuffed mushrooms. It's bacon, after all, and I'm not some kind of monster who steals bacon from babies. He was a smart baby to recognize the value of his find. You can cook Munster Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Munster Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- You need 4 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 4 tsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 4 of green onions, sliced.
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 clove of garlic (large), minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Munster cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt, divided.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
Make this Spinach Mushroom stuffed Chicken that's a fast and easy low carb, GF dinner! And that's because these spinach mushroom stuffed chicken breasts are so damn easy to put together. Mushroom Stuffed Chicken transforms a party favorite appetizer into a full blown meal. You won't believe the amazing flavor that To butterfly the chicken put your chicken breast on a chopping board and, with your hand flat on top of it, use a sharp knife to slice.
Munster Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts step by step
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Add the green onions and mushrooms and saute for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the thyme and garlic and saute for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper and the cheese. Set aside..
- Cut a horizontal slit in each of the chicken breasts, creating a pocket. Do not cut all the way through. Place 1/4 cup of the mushroom/cheese mixture into each of the slit chicken breasts..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside..
- Make a “dredging assembly line”. Place the flour in a shallow container or on a plate. Next, place the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl. Then place the breadcrumbs on a dinner plate. Set an empty plate after the breadcrumbs..
- Carefully working with one chicken breast at a time, holding securely so the stuffing doesn't come out, dredge the stuffed chicken first in the flour, then dip each side in the beaten eggs, and finally set it in the breadcrumbs and pat the crumbs into the egg coating on each side..
- Place the coated chicken breast on the clean plate as you repeat the dredging process with the remaining stuffed chicken breasts..
- Heat oven to 350°F..
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the same skillet you used to saute the mushrooms. Heat to a medium-high temperature..
- Carefully set the dredged, stuffed chicken breasts in the skillet. (Work with one or two at a time. Don't crowd the skillet.) Allow the chicken to saute for about 5 minutes, carefully flip with a sturdy spatula, and allow the chicken to saute for 5 minutes on the other side..
- After chicken is nicely browned on both sides, transfer it to the baking sheet. Repeat browning process with remaining chicken breasts (you may have to add more oil to the skillet), and then bake the chicken for about 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through..
This video is about Spinach & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breash. These bone-in chicken breasts are stuffed with a garlic and thyme seasoned dried mushroom and goat cheese mixture, and baked with a honey and balsamic vinegar glaze. Pound out the chicken from the center of. These stuffed chicken breasts reheat well the next day, too, so I recommend doubling the recipe for protein-packed lunches all week. Transform chicken breasts into something scrumptious with a savory mushroom filling and crispy bacon.