Homestyle Meatloaf. Nothing says cozy homey goodness like my homestyle meatloaf. The moment the weather turns a bit chilly, it's like a switch goes on and I'm immediately ready for those warm and homey type of meals. Nothing beats the wholesome flavor of a homestyle meal.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and lemon juice with the remaining tomato paste, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Spread the mixture over the meatloaf and tent with aluminum foil. Homestyle Meatloaf recipe: An Old Family Favorite.my father's meatloaf recipe is easy to make, moist and flavorful. You can cook Homestyle Meatloaf using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homestyle Meatloaf
- Prepare of Meatloaf Ingredients.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 cup of soft bread crumbs (or 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs).
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 medium of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley, dried.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sage, dried (can use basil or oregano).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Topping Ingredients.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dry mustard, ground.
I don't consider it to be unique or unusual, as it is just a very delicious. Brown sugar and tomatoes with onions add tangy-sweet flavor to this juicy meatloaf. Paula Deen's Homestyle Meatloaf is a family-pleaser with the classic flavors you crave. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Homestyle Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl and mix well..
- Stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, sage (or whatever herb you choose), salt, and pepper..
- Add ground beef and mix well (get dirty and use your CLEAN hands)..
- Pat mixture into a meatloaf pan (8x4x2) and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard in a small bowl and mix well..
- When meatloaf is done, spoon off fat. Personally, I drain as much fat as possible, turn my meatloaf pan over onto a baking sheet, and then pull it off so it is freestanding (all of which is kind of tricky)..
- Spread the topping on top of the meatloaf and bake for another 10 minutes..
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes and then serve..
My husband is a very picky eater who doesnt like ketchup, it was very difficult to come up with a meatloaf recipe that did not have ketchup but I finally came up with one that we both can agree on! A flavorsome, rich and authentic beef stock made with carefully selected ingredients for a big flavor feast. We've taken the ultimate home-style comfort food to the next level with top-quality beef expertly blended with spices and Homestyle Beef Meatloaf. With Turnip Mash and Green Bean Amandine. When we are going to a family gathering and need to take a dish or two, this homestyle vegan meatloaf is always my.