Kabocha Squash Cookie for Halloween.
You can cook Kabocha Squash Cookie for Halloween using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Cookie for Halloween
- You need 150 grams of Kabocha squash (seeds removed).
- You need 100 grams of Butter (unsalted is best).
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 70 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 medium of Egg.
- Prepare 200 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 2 of to 3 Chocolate decoration pen for decoration.
Kabocha Squash Cookie for Halloween step by step
- Cut the kabocha squash into bite size pieces and line in a heat-resisting container. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes until a bamboo skewer can go through smoothly. Peal the skin and mash into a paste..
- Keep the butter in another bowl to become room temperature in advance. Add the salt a little at a time and mix to become smooth. Add the sugar in 3 batches. Do not add salt if using salted butter..
- Beat a room temperature egg and add it in 3 batches. Mix well until you cannot see the egg anymore in the bowl each time before adding the next batch of egg..
- Add the kabocha squash paste and mix. The butter will melt so add the kabocha squash when it has cooled..
- Mix the flour and baking powder and add. Mix with a spatula so that the flour and butter mixes well..
- When the flouriness is gone and it becomes a little shiny, wrap it in plastic wrap and form into a 4-6 cm thick tube. It will look cute if you have it in big and small sizes..
- Chill it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes and when the outside starts to harden, press the middle of the top and bottom part with chopsticks or stick and make it become an oval. Chill in the refrigerator once more to harden..
- After chilling for about 1 hour to harden, slice it with a knife into pieces about 7mm thick and line them on a baking sheet. Use a bamboo skewer and draw a pumpkin pattern..
- Bake it in a 340F/170C oven for 20 minutes. Adjust the baking time depending on the thickness. Draw a face with an icing pencil when the cookies have cooled and then it is done..
- Caution : When the chocolate pen is hard, it will be difficult to draw a face, so soak it in a bowl of hot water to warm up..