Brad's egg drop soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local little Chinese restaurant every single Saturday. And every single Saturday — like, we're talking nearly two. I had never had egg drop soup and it was good.
This Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese broth based soup made with eggs, chicken broth, cornstarch, and green onions. Egg drop soup makes me think of my grandmother every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. You might recognize egg drop soup from the bowl you get with the lunch plates at Chinese-American restaurants, with swirling strands of eggs floating in a. You can cook Brad's egg drop soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's egg drop soup
- It’s 10 cups of water.
- Prepare 10 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 tbs of rice vinegar.
- You need 1/3 pkg of lo mein noodles.
- Prepare 1 can of diced carrots and peas.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of corn starch dissolved in cold water.
- It’s of Sliced green onions for garnish.
Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese soup that is easy to make at home with minimal ingredients and prep. It is made with a savory, salty chicken stock base seasoned with soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, pepper and green onions. Raw eggs are streamed into the hot seasoned broth to. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth.
Brad's egg drop soup instructions
- Boil water in a pot..
- Add bouillon and vinegar. dissolve for 2 minutes..
- Add noodles. Return to a boil for 4 minutes..
- Add can of carrots and peas cook 2 more minutes. Season with pepper and more salt if desired..
- Return to a boil. Slowly add cornstarch mixture until it reaches desired thickness. This step is optional..
- Garnish with sliced green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Condiments such as black or white pepper, and finely chopped scallions and tofu are optional, but commonly added to the soup. It's made with eggs, ginger, green onions, and mushrooms. Bird's Nest is known for its cooling effects in maintaining youthful skin and a snowy dew-like complexion. BRAND'S® Bird's Nest With Rock Sugar is perfect for this dish. The white fungus gives the soup texture and the egg white heightens the bird nest taste.