Whosayna’s Black Forest Cake.
You can cook Whosayna’s Black Forest Cake using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whosayna’s Black Forest Cake
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of castor sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of all purpose flour (maida).
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa and 1 tsp coffee powder (mix in 1/2 cup hot water when pouring batter).
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of yogurt.
- You need of Cream:.
- You need 500 ml of whip cream.
- You need 1 tsp of vanila essence.
- You need 3 tbsp of castor sugar.
- Prepare of Chocolate Ganache :.
- Prepare as needed of boil 1 cup fresh cream add 3 tbsp cocoa till it thickens, remove from flame add icing sugar.
- You need of Toppings:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Canned Cherries.
- You need as needed of Strawberries and Kiwi slices (optional).
- You need as needed of Dark chocolate (shavings).
Whosayna’s Black Forest Cake instructions
- Method: 1) Sift dry ingredients together 2) In a big bowl beat sugar and butter til it's creamy and fluffy 3) Add one egg at a tyme and beat well til ol done 4) Add dry ingredients, oil and yogurt and beat once or fold in with a wooden ladle.
- 5) Pour on a greased baking tray, bake on 170°C 6) Remove the cake when almost done, do not over bake it 7) Let it cool a little, then cut in half horizontally, can cut twice, i prefer once 8) Use broad spatula remove half on a plate.
- 13) All over the cake apply ganache 14) Then apply whip cream all over the cake 15) Sprinkle dark choc shavings all over 16) Make rosettes of whip cream to decorate and place a cherry.
- 9) Soak the base half with expresso coffee (black coffee) 10) Beat whip cream add icing sugar and essence til peaks formed, remove little in a piping bag using star nozzle (for rosettes) 11) Apply whip cream on the base half and scatter some chopped cherries all over 12) Pile up with oder half, sprinkle expresso coffee.
- 17) Then keep in fridge to chill.