Black Forest Cake. The best black forest cake recipe I've tried, and I've tried a lot. The cake baked up beautifully, the cherries were perfect, and the whole thing just came together wonderfully. Black Forest gâteau (British English) or Black Forest cake (American English) is a chocolate sponge cake with a rich cherry filling based on the German dessert Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte.
As its name implies, Black Forest. Chocolate and cherry are a classic pairing in this traditional cake from the southwest region of Germany, which has inspired our own mile-high rendition. Black Forest Cake is probably the most famous German Cake! You can cook Black Forest Cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Forest Cake
- You need of
- You need 1 of & 1/3 cups Self Raising Flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of BC Soda.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Cocoa Powder.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Butter Milk.
- You need 125 g of Butter *melted.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- You need of
- Prepare 600-800 g of Pitted Dark Cherries (Tinned OR Jarred).
- You need 400-600 ml of Thickened Cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Kirsch.
- Prepare of Dark Chocolate *shaved OR grated.
Made with three layers of light and fluffy chocolate cake that are topped with homemade cherry filling and fresh whipped cream. A Black Forest Cake is a delicious combination of chocolate cake, Kirsch soaked Morello cherries, and loads of whipped cream. Easy eggless black forest cake for beginners. Black Forest Cake is one rich and decadent cake.
Black Forest Cake instructions
- Bake a chocolate cake 18cm OR 20cm in diameter. My ‘Super Easy Chocolate Cake’ recipe can be found here. (http://www.hirokoliston.com/super-easy-chocolate-cake/) Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely, then cut horizontally into 2 or 3 layers using a large serrated knife..
- Drain the pitted cherries, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Reserve 12 good-looking cherries for decoration..
- Use an electric beater or a whisk to beat cream in a large bowl until firm peaks form. *Note: You may wish to add 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar to the cream before beating. I always add NO sugar to the cream..
- Mix reserved cherry juice and Kirsch in a small bowl..
- Place 1st layer of cake on a serving plate and drizzle over the kirsch mixture. Spread the cream and arrange the cherries evenly. Repeat if you have three layers. Then finish with the top layer of the cake..
- Spread some cream over the top (and side of the cake if you wish). Decorate the cake with the remaining cream, cherries and shaved dark chocolate..
Homemade cake, sour cherry filling, and topped with whipped cream. Everything about this rich black forest cake is mouthwatering. Black forest cake can seem super-intimidating to make—you need to bake cake layers, make a sour cherry syrup, and whip a frosting? Also, what in the world is kirschwasser, anyway? Black Forest Cake (Black Forest Gateau if you're British) comes to us from Germany, a country that is so serious about Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte (Black Forest Cherry-Torte) that they actually have.