Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe. This Simple Chocolate Cake recipe is just that. Yet, it produces a cake with great chocolate flavor a deliciously soft and moist texture. A very simple-to-make chocolate cake recipe that also makes a dozen rich chocolaty cupcakes.
If you like simple recipes, or are short of time, why not make a simple chocolate cake? It's delicious, easy to make, and takes less than an hour from start to finish. This is my “go to” Chocolate Cake. You can have Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe
- It’s 115 g of plain chocolate, chopped into Small pieces.
- It’s 3 lt of milk.
- You need 150 g of unsalted butter or margarine, softened.
- You need 150 g of sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 200 g of aising flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cocoa Powder.
- Prepare of Icing sugar and cocoa powder, for dusting.
- You need 1 of quantity Chocolate Buttercream, for the filling.
I make it for family dinners, birthdays, and everything in between. I really like the combination of two types of chocolate. Unsweetened cocoa powder is used in the chocolate cake and a dark chocolate (semi sweet or bittersweet) is used in the frosting. Our best chocolate cake recipe is ridiculously easy to bake.
Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4. Grease two 18 cm/7 in round sandwich cake tins and line the base of each with non-stick baking paper. Select a small saucepan and a heatproof bowl that will fit over it. Place the chocolate and the milk in the bowl. Bring a small saucepan of water to just blow simmering point. Place the bowl containing the chocolate mixture on top. Leave for about 5 minutes, until the chocolate softens, then stir until smooth..
- Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined..
- Sift the and coca over the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon until evenly mixed. Scrape into the prepared tins, smooth level and bake for 35 -40 minutes or until well risen and firm. Turn out on to wire racks to cool..
- Sandwich the cake layers together with a thick, even layer of chocolate buttercream. Dust with a mixture of icing sugar and cocoa just before serving..
It's also moist, dark, and covered in chocolate ganache. Perfect for birthdays, this is a foolproof and really easy chocolate cake recipe. This simple Chocolate Cake recipe is a rich and easy, decadent one bowl recipe perfect for entertaining or family dinner dessert. A chocolate cake recipe from scratch that's an old fashioned gem. When it comes to chocolate cakes that aren't difficult to make, this has to be amongst the best I've come across.