Cottage pie. Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie. It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Cottage Pie – comfort food central! This English classic has a deeply savoury beef mince filling smothered in gravy topped with creamy. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. You can cook Cottage pie using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cottage pie
- You need of Mince.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 250 g of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cans of water.
- It’s 500 g of beef mince.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Italian herbs.
- It’s of Mash.
- Prepare 500 g of Potatoes (or however many needed to cover top with mash).
- Prepare 25 g of butter.
- It’s of Milk.
Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie. It is a dish that originated around the time that As cottage pie became popular throughout Britain and potatoes became a staple crop in Ireland, the.
Cottage pie step by step
- Fry the onions and garlic for 2min, add the carrots, put on the lid and sweet for 5min.
- Once swerved, add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes.
- Add mince and brown.
- Add stock cube, purée, tomatoes, water, herbs and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 50min.
- Pre heat oven to 200oC.
- While the mince is simmering, peal the potatoes, cut into equal chunks and boil for 20mins.
- When the potatoes have boiled, mash them with butter and milk..
- When both the mince and mash are ready but mince in the bottom of dish and put mash on top. Make pattern with fork on top in the mash. Put in oven for 20min.
In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top. This classic cottage pie recipe is easy to make and would make the perfect family meal packed with minced beef, sweet tomatoes and topped with Watch how to make Quick and easy cottage pie. Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home!