Nikki's Shepherd's Pie.
You can cook Nikki's Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nikki's Shepherd's Pie
- You need 3 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 can of french onion soup.
- You need 2 tbsp of meat loaf mix ; i use mc cormicks.
- It’s 4 tsp of beef bullion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of sugar.
- You need 1 of 15.5 oz can corn, drained.
- It’s 2 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of worchestershire sauce.
- You need 4 of splashes of red cooking wine (or sherry).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 8 of -10 potatoes, depending on how thick you want your potato layer.
Nikki's Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350, and prepare mashed potatoes as you usually do (for recipe see my profile page), set aside.
- Brown meat in olive oil, breaking up well, drain.
- Add all ingredients except corn, potatoes, and cheese, simmer til most liquid is absorbed.
- Spray 3 qt glass casserole with cooking spray and add meat mixture.
- Cover meat mixture evenly with corn, then spread mashed potatoes over the corn.
- Cook about 20-30 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat until cheese is melted and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.