Scain's version Shepherds Pie.
You can cook Scain's version Shepherds Pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scain's version Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of onion chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots chopped.
- You need 1/2 can of peas (no liquid).
- It’s 1/2 can of corn (no liquid).
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of each garlic powder, oregano, pepper.
- You need 3 of red potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
Scain's version Shepherds Pie instructions
- In a pot, get potatoes boiling for about 20 min.
- In a large skillet add ground beef, once almost cooked add onion and carrot. Cook about 5 min.
- Add flour to ground beef mixture in skillet, low heat, then add beef broth and tomato sauce. Let simmer about 10 min.
- Add peas, corn and seasonings to ground beef mixture. Keep simmering on low 5 min.
- Drain potatoes, add milk and butter and whip (making mashed potatoes).
- In a casserole dish, add in beef mixture, top evenly with mashed potatoes then cheese.
- Cook 20 min in a 400 degree oven.
- BAM!! If your guy doesn't love this hearty meal, he can't be satisfied ;).
- Sometimes I add a few shakes of cayenne pepper and nutmeg to the beef. It adds a nice kick..