Shepherds pie straight from Maine!. This healthful and flavorful Shepherd's Pie defies tradition by forgoing the usual ground or minced meat, and uses portabella mushrooms instead. I'm Cathy Fisher, a chef and teacher whose passion is creating recipes without animal foods, salt, oil or sugar, and very. Parts of the shepherd's pie, waiting to be assembled and baked.
Then I pulled the meat from the. Shepherd's Pie is warm, hearty, and oh so delicious! This is a recipe the entire family will beg for time and time again! You can cook Shepherds pie straight from Maine! using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie straight from Maine!
- You need of potato.
- You need 4 medium of potatoes.
- It’s 1/3 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 dash of salt&pepper.
- It’s of beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 lb of hamburg.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 small of can of peas and carrots.
- You need 1 dash of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 dash of natures seasoning.
- It’s of casserole.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1 can of cream style corn.
- Prepare 1 dash of seasoning salt for garnish.
Get free recipes sent straight into your inbox! Categories: British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. Shepherd's pie is made with lamb – shepherd – get it? I can hear you over there in the states… there is no cowpoke called cottage.
Shepherds pie straight from Maine! instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel and quarter potatoes (I like using golden potatoes because they come out light and fluffy).
- put potatoes in pot, cover with cold, salted water. Simmer until soft for mashing. (10-15 minutes depending on size.) Drain potatoes when done, mash with butter, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Then set aside..
- Add a tablespoon or 2 of butter to a pan and saute onions until soft (3-5 minutes.) Add garlic and beef, cook until browned. Then mix in small can of carrots and peas..
- Once hamburg is browned, add worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Add broth as needed to keep moist. (Add any spices you want at this point. I add salt, pepper, garlic powder and natures seasoning.).
- Now it's time to layer. Put beef in bottom of casserole dish, mix cream corn and regular corn in a separate dish and layer on top of beef. Add dollops of potato for the last layer, and flatten out with a fork (or make peaks.) Sprinkle seasoning salt across the top for garnish..
- Pop in pre-heated oven about 40 minutes or until bubbling. Enjoy!.
People in Maine didn't eat much lamb. It was very expensive and difficult to source leaving most families with fish, shellfish, beef, chicken or pork. Shepherds Pie , simple easy step by step instructions from start to finish. Ground lamb, vegetables and Guinness for an extra flavor boost, all topped with fluffy mashed potato and baked. I like to add Guinness to my traditional shepherd's pie.