You can cook Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pea Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of Dried Split Peas.
- Prepare 2 of quartz water.
- You need 1.5 lb of ham steak; diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 Package (2 links) of Eckrich skinless smoked sausage; halved & chopped.
- Prepare 2 Stalks of Celery; peeled & chopped.
- Prepare 3 of Carrots; peeled & chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of golden baby potatoes; quartered.
- It’s 2 of yellow onions; diced.
Pea Soup instructions
- In a large dutch oven add peas and 2qts water.
- Simmer for 2 min, turn off heat, cover and let soak for 1 hour (or soak peas overnight).
- Add ham, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cover, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer covered, gently, for 90 minutes; stir often.
- Add sausage, celery, carrots, and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 min, or until potatoes are tender; stir often.