You can have Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 6 of red Potatoes.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese.
- You need 300 gram of Minced beef.
- Prepare 1 of small onion – chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic – chopped.
- Prepare of Fresh rosemary.
- Prepare of Fresh thyme.
- It’s 150 ml of fresh milk.
- It’s 1 of carrot – chopped.
- Prepare To taste of butter.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need as needed of Beef broth.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil then put potato in to the boiling water and cook until tender. Peel the skin, mash and mix with cheddar cheese, yolk,butter, milk and salt pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil and fry chopped onion then add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant, add carrot and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add minced beef,rosemary, thyme, flour, salt,pepper, and fry untill beef golden brown..
- Add beef brot and tomato paste, bring to boil and reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish spread beef, layer with mashed potato and flatten well.
- Bake in the oven in 200 c for 20 minutes or untill golden brown..
- And this is it,, have done and ready to serve.