Egg Flower Soup. Bring the chicken broth, white pepper, and sesame oil to a boil in a saucepan. While stirring slowly in one direction to get the soup moving, pour the beaten egg into the soup in a slow but steady stream. Remove ginger and green onion before pouring over eggs.
Stir in the sesame oil, salt, and white pepper. To give the egg flower soup recipe a little bit more green, add baby bok choy, spinach, or any other leafy green that you like. Egg flower soup is so simple and easy. You can cook Egg Flower Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg Flower Soup
- You need 6 cup of Chicken stock (I prefer fresh stock but had none. So I used 6 cups water and 3 tsp chicken bouillon).
- You need 1 of finely diced carrot.
- It’s 2 of thin sliced green onions.
- You need 2 of to 3 beaten eggs (preference).
- Prepare 1/2 packages of diced tofu (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp cold water (to thicken – Optional).
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of sesame oil (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger or fresh (optional).
- It’s 1 of soy sauce (optional condiment).
- It’s 1 of hot chili pepper oil (optional condiment).
Just season chicken stock with spring onion, soy sauce and white wine vinegar then stir in beaten eggs. With your schedule as crazy as it is this month, you need meals that come together superfast. Great recipe for Egg Flower Soup. I LOVE this soup and always get it at our favorite Chinese restaurant.
Egg Flower Soup instructions
- Bring stock to a boil..
- Add carrot, green onions, and other desired optional items at this time. Let boil for 2-3 minutes..
- Pour in eggs and stir to break the egg up. (If you want more string-like eggs, pour the eggs in slowly while stirring in a circle)..
- Stir for 1 minute and remove from heat..
I didn't realize how CHEAP, EASY and FAST it is to make. My kids absolutely love it too! The only thing is I prefer fresh stock/broth. The name “Egg Drop” comes from how the soup is made—dropping raw egg into hot soup. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.