Kuku Kienyeji na Sukumawiki. Clean the chicken and chop into sizeable pieces. Chop the onions and tomatoes and set aside. Welcome back to my kitchen, today i am cooking kienyeji chicken with ugali and a side of greens/sukumawiki.
It is often served and eaten with ugali (made from maize flour). In Tanzania, Kenya and many parts of East Africa. Sukuma Wiki- A healthy and economical braised collard greens full of flavor and Spice. You can cook Kuku Kienyeji na Sukumawiki using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kuku Kienyeji na Sukumawiki
- You need Half of kienyeji chicken.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 of royco cube(optional).
- It’s of For the sukumawiki.
- It’s Bunch of kales.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 of onion.
Sukuma wiki is a very rustic African dish, enjoyed in many parts of East African countries like Kenya, Tanzania- just to name a few. Sukuma wiki is a traditional Kenyan dish that is prepared with collard greens, tomatoes and onions. It is typically served with ugali. Sukuma wiki is a typical Kenyan dish; simple with few ingredients and packed full of nutrients.
Kuku Kienyeji na Sukumawiki instructions
- Clean the chicken and chop into sizeable pieces..
- Chop the onions and tomatoes and set aside..
- Place the cooking pot over a medium heat..
- Add the cooking oil and next add the onions and fry till golden brown..
- Add the chicken, stir and cover for a few minutes..
- Add the tomatoes stir and cover again.allowing the tomatoes to be completely smashed.
- Add the royco and stir.Add a little bit of water and cover..
- Clean the sukumaki and cut them up..
- Add the oil into a frying pan and add the onions.
- Add the sukumawiki and stir slowly.add the salt and cover..
- Serve hot with the kuku kienyenji and Enjoy..
Wash your kuku thoroughly with plenty of water. When done, make sure you clean the utensils and sink you used for cleaning the kuku When she goes to buy her kienyeji, she prefers to pick a live one and watch them dress it, just to ensure it's done properly. Sukuma wiki can be found in many forms. Sometimes it is highly spiced, in the Indian-influenced cuisine of East Africa. Sometimes it is a very plain and basic dish of greens, with nothing but oil and a little onion to round it out.