Meatloaf My Way. Either way, this is one meatloaf recipe you will love. Base of this meatloaf comes from Paul Prudhomme with a tiny bit of modification. I added the sweet and sour sauce that is often used for meatloaf and the result is wonderful.
An easy turkey meatloaf recipe and the secret for how to make the best moist and flavorful meatloaf. If you have turkey meatloaf skeptics in your life, this recipe will change their minds. A less messy way to mix a meatloaf is to put everything in a large food storage bag and knead the bag to blend ingredients. You can have Meatloaf My Way using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf My Way
- Prepare of for the meatloaf:.
- Prepare 8 oz of beef mince.
- Prepare 8 oz of pork mince.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 3 slices of brown bread.
- You need 100 ml of semi skimmed milk.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, diced.
- You need 6 oz of cheddar cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 of tspn mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1 of tspn salt.
- You need 1/2 of tspn black pepper.
- It’s 1 of tspn mustard.
- It’s of (optional) 4 slices of smoked streaky bacon.
- It’s of for the glaze:.
- You need 4 of tspn mustard.
- Prepare 3 of tspn ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 of tspn salt.
Whether you use a mixer or your hands, avoid overmixing the ingredients. Turkey meatloaf is a favorite in our house! This healthy meatloaf recipe made with lean ground turkey is easy and My mom always made meatloaf with beef when I was growing up, and I always loved it. At some point, my dear friend brought us a meatloaf that was so tender and juicy that it brought us to life in no time.
Meatloaf My Way instructions
- Tear the bread into small pieces and turn into breadcrumbs using a blender..
- Mix together the beef and pork mince until combined.
- Put all of the meatloaf ingredients into a large bowl and mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined..
- In a seperate bowl, mix the glaze ingredients together..
- If you are using the bacon, cover the bottom and sides of the loaf tin..
- Put the meatloaf mixture into the loaf tin and spread evenly..
- Pour the glaze to cover the meatloaf..
- Pop into the middle of the oven and bake on 200 for 1hr 15/30 mins.
- There will be a lot of oil in the bottom of the tin, so I take it out of the oven a few times, and tip some of the oil away..
I have had my share of meatloaves in life – I both prepared them and ate them on. My family loves this juicy healthy turkey meatloaf recipe! It's easy to prepare with ground turkey and This healthy turkey meatloaf recipe will leave you begging for seconds! I make meatloaf all the time and recently, no matter what it falls apart when I go to cut it. I pack it into a loaf pan so can it be that the juices are seeping back in to the loaf which is causing it to fall apart.