Gumbo And Cheese Grits. Gumbo and Smoke Gouda cheese Grits. Gumbo Cheese can be crafted using the proper ingredients. Hunters must reach the rank of Legendary before they can use this recipe.
I had brunch and then took home some gumbo and collard greens. Go with the gumbo and cheese grits. Located in a strip mall on the side of Thomas Drive with an outdoor patio area. You can have Gumbo And Cheese Grits using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gumbo And Cheese Grits
- You need 1 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Clam juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1 lb of Smoke sausage.
- You need 1 cup of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Basil.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare of Cheese Grits.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Quick Quaker plain grits.
- Prepare 3 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- You need 1/4 of Bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 of Onion chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic minced.
Inside there is a bar area and then a separate dining area with live music. A decent selection of draft beers and bottles focusing on LA. Gradually whisk in grits; return to a boil. These creamy cheese grits are so good that they've inspired three marriage proposals for their maker, Kentucky-based private chef Amber Huffman.
Gumbo And Cheese Grits instructions
- Start grits by boiling water and adding salt..
- Once boiling add grits slowly and stir while adding in grits..
- Immediately turn down to low (between 1-2)..
- Now cover with a lid and check every 5-10 minutes. This is when you can start your gumbo as seen below..
- Now when you stir grits start to add in milk as they get thick..
- Now time to start the gumbo. First melt the butter on low-med heat in a large pot.
- Once the mixture starts to brown (10 min) add in onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook until translucent..
- Now slowly stir in clam juice and chicken broth..
- Add in the rest of the spices, cooked shrimp, and cooked smoked sausage. Cover and let it simmer for 30 min. Check and stir ever 10 min..
- In the mean time check on grits and stir in the rest of the milk and add pepper & salt in to taste. Add in 3/4-1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese and let it melt..
- The gumbo and grits should now be about complete. Serve the gumbo on top of the grits and enjoy!!!.
Review Body: My best breakfast combo: cheese grits with scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes!! My grandma made this all the time during breakfast. My shrimp and cheese grits came out as if I'd been making them for years!! I'm using this method to cook shrimp for salads now, too! I added a knorrs bullion cube to the water for the grits for flavor.