Le Breakfast Shepard's Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
Hey there everyone have you ever wanted to have Dinner for Breakfast or Breakfast for dinner i.e Brinner well look no further than the delicious English. Patrick's Day Special: Irish Shepherd's Pie (the real one, not the stuff they eat in cottages). I know I may have used a few atypical ingredients in this, but as far as I'm concerned, the only two things that are mandatory to make a “real” Shepherd's Pie are potatoes and lamb. You can have Le Breakfast Shepard's Pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Le Breakfast Shepard's Pie
- You need of Veggies.
- Prepare of Pickled jalapeno or fresh.
- You need of bell pepper.
- You need of Red onion.
- You need of Some garlic diced.
- Prepare of Other stuff.
- Prepare of Ground sausage (breakfast sausage).
- It’s of Grits.
- Prepare of Milk.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of Some eggs.
- Prepare of Several Cheeses.
- You need of Butter.
Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes. The turkey makes it just a little bit lighter. Ranch-seasoned mashed potatoes take this dish to the next level.
Le Breakfast Shepard's Pie step by step
- Stovetop or instant grits. Doesn't matter. Cook in 2:1 milk to water. Add sour cream after cooked. Salt. Pepper. Extra milk if needy. Going for a creamy consistency..
- Saute sausage. Season with salt pepper and classic Italian seasonings. Put to the side..
- Saute and season vegetables with paprika salt pepper dash cayenne if u like. Add meat. Stir and combine..
- Mix eggs in bowl. Cook low but not to completion. Looking for a soupy consistency..
- Butter up bread pan. Oven on 350..
- Add sausage and veggie mix to bottom of pan. Layer with a cheese of choice(I used pepper jack)..
- Then pour in egg mix carefully pour to cover the area. Then layer on grits. Then sprinkle more cheese(I used red Lancaster and gruyere on top). Cracked pepper..
- Cook in oven for a while. Varies with density. Looking to lightly brown the edges..
- Enjoy after it rests..
This meat pie topped with mashed potato is traditionally made with lamb, when made with ground beef it's actually called a cottage When I first posted this recipe many years back I spelled it incorrectly as Shepards Pie. I was quickly corrected and learned when this dish is made. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. This was a great way to make Shepard's pie have to make again kid loved it. When you're in the mood for a meaty, savory comfort-food classic, serve Alton Brown's Shepherd's Pie from Good Eats on Food Network.