Fall Harvest Sage Sausage Supper. Great recipe for Fall Harvest Sage Sausage Supper. This makes a very soupy, savory rich brothy dish that is almost like a tomato-zuchini sage soup with a cheesy top layer reminiscent of french onion. The BEST way to eat this is with plenty of buttered crusty french bread for mopping!
Spread the pizza sauce on the flatbread, then arrange the sausage, squash, and sage onto the flatbread evenly and top with cheese. Bake for four minutes or until the cheese is melted. The BEST way to eat this is with plenty of buttered crusty french bread for mopping! You can have Fall Harvest Sage Sausage Supper using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fall Harvest Sage Sausage Supper
- It’s 1 cup of Sliced Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 each of Red Onion.
- You need 1 packages of Sage Ground Sausage.
- You need 1 stick of Margerine.
- Prepare 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 packages of Sliced Provolone Cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of Garlic Salt.
- It’s 3 each of Zucchini.
Days are getting shorter, nights are getting colder, dinners need to get easier! Ready in under an hour this One Pan Fall Harvest Chicken Dinner can be your new favorite autumn meal! Butternut Squash and Sausage Stuffed Shells. I rarely invite friends for dinner without someone requesting this easy pasta casserole.
Fall Harvest Sage Sausage Supper instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice zuchini into rounds..
- Chop Red Onion.
- Slice mushrooms if not presliced..
- In a large deep pot melt one stick of margerine. (You CAN use less if desired to make it healthier)..
- Add tube of ground sage sausage. You can typically find this in the refridgerated section with the breakfast sausage. If not get regular ground pork sausage and add probably 2tsp of ground sage. Brown until almost fully cooked..
- Add in sliced mushrooms onions and zuchini. Cook until completely soft..
- Pour the mixture into a large rectangular casserole dish..
- Pour one large can of crushed tomatoes over the top. Do not stir!.
- Sprinkle liberally with garlic salt..
- Add layer of provolone slices all across the top..
- Bake until cheese starts to brown. Aprox 15 to 20 minutes..
- Serve in a bowl as there will be a lot of beautiful tomato sausage zuchini broth and you will want a crusty loaf of french bread to sop it up with!.
The sweet squash complements the spicy sausage, and the creamy goat cheese makes it all just melt in your mouth! You can substitute manicotti or even rolled lasagna noodles for the shells. Our delicious dinner recipes make it easy to answer this age-old question. We have ideas for chicken, beef, pork, pasta and more.. Fall is in full swing, and this diabetic-friendly meal plan captures October's best flavors.