Lower sodium Lasagna. Find Deals on Low-sodium Lasagna Pasta in Pasta & Noodles on Amazon. Typically filled with salty meats, sauce and cheese, lasagna can definitively be a challenge for the low sodium diet. The result is delicious and hearty enough to satisfy pasta lovers.
Not only are you able to make a cheesy, zesty, perfectly comforting classic dish with less sodium, I've also figured out how to turn this into the best gluten-free lasagna for an even healthier meal that still tastes just as yummy and satisfying as your favorite traditional lasagna recipe. Cook lasagna noodles per package directions and reserve. Organic pasta layered with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan, plus tender organic veggies in an authentic Italian sauce made in-house from sun-ripened organic tomatoes. You can cook Lower sodium Lasagna using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lower sodium Lasagna
- Prepare 1 lb of hot ground sausage.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of minced onions.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can no salt crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 (6 oz) of can no salt tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 (6.5 oz) of cans no salt tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of pkg Italian shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of mozzarella cheese slices.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of funnel seeds.
- You need 8 of lasagna noodles.
It takes longer to make lasagna our way, but we think the taste is worth it. For a big hearty meal, I make this recipe as a side dish to go with veal cutlets or a roast. But you could also serve the beefy lasagna as a main dish. Spread half the ricotta over noodles.
Lower sodium Lasagna instructions
- Brown sausage and ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain grease.
- In large pan, mix crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce with seasoned sausage and ground beef. Add sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, pepper and 2 tablespoons parsley,.
- Simmer, covered for 1 1/2 hrs, stirring occasionally..
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, rise with cold water. Drain.
- In mixing bowl, mix ricotta with egg, remaining parsley.
- Spread 1 1/2 cu meat sauce in 9×13 baking dish. Layer 4 noodles over sauce. 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture. Top with Italian cheese. Repeat layer. Top with mozzarella cheese..
- Cover with foil. Make sure foil doesn't stick to cheese by spraying with Pam spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 25 minutes. Cool before serving.
Top with a third of the mozzarella cheese slices. Sodium causes the body to retain water and a low sodium diet helps in controlling high blood pressure and water build up. Add water, making sure noodles are covered and water level is about halfway up the bowl. Sodium: All of our recipes are low in sodium because it is hard on kidneys and raises blood pressure. See more ideas about Low sodium, Low salt recipes, Low sodium recipes.