Ham Potpie Pennsylvania Dutch style.
You can have Ham Potpie Pennsylvania Dutch style using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham Potpie Pennsylvania Dutch style
- It’s 5 lb of ham (easier if precooked).
- It’s 7 large of russet potatoes peeled and diced to bite size pieces.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped (optional).
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
Ham Potpie Pennsylvania Dutch style step by step
- Place ham in large pot and boil to make stock. Remove and shred ham..
- Add ham, potatoes and onion in stock. Medium heat until pototoes are soft..
- Add last 3 ingredients to bowl and mix well. On floured counter top, roll dough well. Cut into bite size squares. Take your time on this part. Mix dough well. If dough seems wet, add a little more flour..
- At this point add addtional water to pot. Add dough to slowly boiling ham, pototoes and onions. Allow to cook until noodles are soft not mushy. Stir after each bunch of noodles added..
- I enlisted help from my husband. I cut dough, he added it and stired. I also added more water to pot. As noodles cook, the thicker it becomes. You may have to add water to keep it slowly boiling..
- Dough will make liquid thicker. Cont to lightly stir until noodles are done..
- This actually made 2, large pots. I just divided the ham, etc into 2 pots. We enjoy leftovers..
- As in any dish, the longer it sits (on very low heat) and you continue to gently stir, the better it is..