Tinklee's Spaghetti and Italian Meatballs. Also, I make extra meatballs, the leftovers make good meatball sandwiches. This recipe is a keeper has become a family favorite when dining with just the family or for dinners with guests. This Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe makes delicious homemade meatballs, cooked in marinara sauce and served over a bed of spaghetti.
Simmer, uncovered, until heated through, stirring occasionally. This is our family recipe for Spaghetti and Meatballs given to me by my Mother-in-law, who makes the best red sauce I've ever tasted, and I have been making it myself for over thirty years. The trick to this recipe, as in most Italian cooking is to use the best ingredients you can find. You can have Tinklee's Spaghetti and Italian Meatballs using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tinklee's Spaghetti and Italian Meatballs
- Prepare of sauce.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 lb of sweet italian sausage (ground).
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 3 can of tomatoe sauce (15oz).
- Prepare 2 can of chopped tomatos ( I use garlic/oregano ones).
- It’s 7 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of pepper.
- You need of meatballs.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of sweet italian sausage (ground).
- You need 3 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 8 oz of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare of pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of spaghetti noodles (prepared as directed on package).
In Italy, meatballs are called Polpette. Though the ingredients are typically the same as what I am using (except for my grated onion technique) along with a similar tomato sauce, they are larger (about the size of golf balls) and they are served with bread rather than pasta. So Spaghetti and Meatballs is not authentic Italian. These Italian meatballs use a standard mix of ground beef and ground pork, with added flavor from parsley, garlic, and dried herbs.
Tinklee's Spaghetti and Italian Meatballs instructions
- for sauce.
- brown the meat for the sauce in a large sauce pan, once almost done, add your sliced mushrooms and cook till meat is done and mushrooms have cooked down some.
- with pan on med-low add one can of tomatoe sauce, then add your spices, this will help for a better blending.
- add the rest of the tomato sauce and canned tomatoes(juice included), simmer until your meatballs are done.
- for meatballs.
- preheat oven to 400°F. Add the pound of ground beef and sweet sausage to a nice size bowl,.
- add the spices, bread crumbs, eggs, milk and shredded parmesan cheese, mix gently as you mix it all together.
- spray or grease a pan (I used a 9×13) form into balls staying the same size, I made ones 1-1/2″ and it made 35, And bake for about 50-70mins (this really depends on the size you make your meatballs).
- when meatballs are done remove from pan and place in sauce, for best results let meatballs cook for 30mins, then start your noodles, follow package directions.
- serve mixed together or separate, enjoy.
Bake up a batch, mix them with your favorite spaghetti dish, and dinner is served! To brown the meatballs, heat olive oil in a heavy pot or large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and drain on a paper towel after each batch. In the same pot, add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes, or until translucent. Serve hot on cooked spaghetti and pass the grated Parmesan.