Sausage and potato soup. Soup so good we couldn't hide it in a can. Introducing Rao's Sausage & Potato Soup. Bring high-quality ingredients & flavors to your pantry.
Add the milk, cheese, parsley and sausage. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. You can cook Sausage and potato soup using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage and potato soup
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced carrot.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- It’s 1 lb of Smoked turkey sausage.
- You need 6 cups of homemade vegetable stock or store bought.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 bunch of spinach.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 1 lb of tiny potatoes whole unpeeled.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of fresh parmesan cheese.
This cheesy, creamy, and comforting sausage potato soup is loaded with Italian sausage, golden baby potatoes, veggies, and a cheesy cream base. My take on the famous “cheeseburger soup” This hearty soup pairs perfectly with a lighter side dish like a salad. Brown sausage and onion in dutch oven until no longer pink. (If using regular sausage, drain and wipe out bottom of pan.). Add chicken broth to sausage and onions and bring to boil.
Sausage and potato soup step by step
- On medium heat add olive oil, onions and carrots, cook stirring about 5 minutes. Add sausage and potatoes. Stir for 2 minutes then add broth. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low about 30 minutes. Enjoy.
Brown sausage and onion in a skillet. Place potatoes, celery and carrot in bottom of crock pot. Pour chicken broth over vegetables and sausage. Remove sausage to paper towels to drain. Saute the celery, onion, thyme and salt in the reserved drippings until tender.