Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup. One soup we anticipate making rather often is our creamy Italian sausage and potato soup. It's beyond delicious with all kinds of great ingredients Russet potatoes add some density while fresh kale adds a nice pop of color and freshness. Creamy Italian Sausage Soup – Cheesy, pasta filled soup made with Italian sausage; is the perfect pairing for an easy weeknight dinner or holiday What I specifically love about this Creamy Italian Sausage Soup is that it is hearty enough for a dinner, yet simple enough to serve at a party as a.
Sausage, kale, and potatoes give a creamy Italian-inspired soup a hearty, rich flavor. I subbed hot turkey Italian sausage, omitted the pepper flakes, and used Yukon gold potatoes. These were my only alterations from the recipe. You can have Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup
- It’s 2 of lbs. ground Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, quartered and thin sliced.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 3 of Potatoes, skin on, diced.
- Prepare 1 (10 oz.) of pkg frozen chopped spinach.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 2 Tbsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 qts. of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 qt. of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 3 tsp of cornstarch, if needed to thicken.
Creamy tomato soup is elevated by adding cheese-filled tortellini, Italian sausage, and fresh spinach. A touch of cream and a handful of fresh basil make this easy weeknight meal a fan favorite! This cheesy, creamy, and comforting sausage potato soup is loaded with Italian sausage, golden baby potatoes, veggies, and a cheesy cream base. My take on the famous “cheeseburger soup”.
Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup step by step
- In large soup pot add the Italian sausage broken into pieces. Cook over medium high heat to start browning and then add in the onion slices. Stir to combine and cook. Add in the minced garlic, stir and cook 1 minute..
- Next add in all the spices, stir to combine..
- Next add in the diced potatoes and chopped spinach. Stir to combine. Add in chicken stock stock. Stir, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are done..
- Last add in heavy cream and adjust seasoning if needed. At this point if not thick enjoy make a slurry with the cornstarch. Enjoy!.
This hearty soup pairs perfectly with a lighter side dish like a salad. It's a delicious combination of russet. Potatoes, Italian sausage, and nutritious kale get together in this yummy soup. Feel free to use chopped chard leaves, escarole, or spinach in the soup if you don't have fresh or frozen kale on hand. Tips for Perfect Creamy Potato Soup.