Indian Lamb curry. This Indian lamb curry is made with tomatoes and onions cooked with spices for a rich, hearty dish that's perfect to make for a crowd. While it takes a little while to cook, this from-scratch curry is mostly. Indian Lamb Curry made in an hour with and easy homemade curry spice mix and creamy tomato sauce, simmered on low heat until fall apart tender.
Pat lamb dry with paper towels and place in a large bowl. Want to make a restaurant-style lamb curry at home? Whether you cook this on the stovetop or slow-cooker the secret to making fork-tender and juicy lamb is slow-cooking it. You can cook Indian Lamb curry using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indian Lamb curry
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless Lamb shoulder, cut into cubes.
- You need 2 cups of pineapples, cubes.
- You need 2 of golden potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, diced.
- You need 1 of onion, puréed.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, puréed.
- Prepare 4 of celery stalks, sliced.
- It’s 1 of large tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 6 of white button mushroom, sliced.
- It’s 2 cups of oyster mushroom, optional.
- It’s 2 tsp of each (cumin, mustard, fennel and coriander seeds).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of each(fenugreek, clove, nutmeg, green cardomon powder).
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 Tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and Ginger powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut cream or mascapone cheese.
This lamb curry is popular by name of Mutton (lamb or goat meat) Rogan Josh, from Jammu and Kashmir region of Sharing, one of the famous Indian Lamb Curry with two easy cooking methods. Make this recipe on the stovetop or in the pressure cooker. Indian cooking does not use lemons/lemon juice/vinegar in a lamb curry recipe. We add the acid to a salad as a side.
Indian Lamb curry step by step
- Blend all dry spices in a small coffee grinder into powder.Set aside. Blend minced onion and garlic into purée..
- Heat up 3 Tsp of duck fat or olive oil in a large pot. Add blended spices and sauté a few seconds until aromatic. Pour in onion and garlic paste. Cook until color change and aromatic..
- Add diced tomatoes and the rest of all powder spices cook until well mixed for about 1 min..
- Add 4 cups of broth or water. Throw it all diced vegetables including pineapples. Bring it to a rolling boil. Add diced Lamb..
- Summer for about 40 minutes on medium to low heat. Stir every 5 to 10 minutes to avoid sick to the bottom. Add broth or water if the juice evaporate too much. Adjust according to your preference..
- Season with salt and sugar. Serve warm with rice or bread..
This is an awesome indian lamb curry. There are a lot of complicated Indian curry recipes out there, but this isn't one of them. This is definitely one to try if you're a curry newbie. Hence, this Indian Lamb Keema Curry is more like a stew consistency and perfect to dunk that large piece of bread or even naan. To make things even quicker, I'm preparing this Indian Lamb Keema.