Basil chicken. Thai basil chicken, better known in Thai as pad kra pao gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่ pad ka prao gai), is a contender for the most popular, and the most beloved Thai street food dish of all time. “My version of this classic Thai dish has spectacular taste even with regular basil instead of Thai or holy basil. The sauce actually acts like a glaze as the chicken mixture cooks over high heat. Thai Basil Chicken is a gold standard Thai chicken recipe that's incredibly fast and easy to make I LOVE Thai Basil Chicken.
This recipe is always a big hit with the family! It's also quite easy to make. It's so quick to whip up, budget-friendly, and SO GOOD! You can cook Basil chicken using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basil chicken
- Prepare of Main dish.
- You need 5 of Chicken breasts.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 of Onion, sliced thinly.
- It’s 16 oz of Jar prego spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of Classico Basil pesto.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of Minced garlic.
Grown throughout Southeast Asia, Thai basil is – no surprise here – used quite predominantly in Thailand, as well as in Vietnam. Basil Chicken is a popular spicy Asian recipe. This is usually prepared using ground chicken – although there are some recipes that call for finely chopped chicken breasts. Basil coconut chicken curry made with chicken thighs, jalapeño, coconut milk, basil and ginger.
Basil chicken step by step
- Coat baking pan or casserole dish with oil.
- Spread sliced onions in pan.
- Cut chicken breasts to butterfly them. Hint, if they are partially frozen it makes it easier..
- Spread ½ teaspoon of Basil spread on one half of each chicken.
- Close the chicken halves together and arrange in the pan, over the onions.
- Spread minced garlic over chicken.
- Pour sauce to coat all the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 40 minutes in 375°F oven.
- When baking is complete, sprinkle shredded cheese over the pieces and serve with pasta.
One of the things I love about curries is that they are so varied and. Thai basil chicken is known in Thai as pad kra pao gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่). It is delicious, with a deep savory flavor and hunger-inducing aroma. A favorite one-plate quick meal, Thai basil chicken, is. No, I didn't use the real “Holy” basil, but even with regular basil, this And yes, you really do want to chop, or grind your own chicken.