Chicken tortilla soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. This Chicken Tortilla Soup has tons of flavor, with corn, black beans, green chiles, and plenty of spicy smoky broth. Finish with melted cheese and crunchy tortilla chips for a delicious meal! You can cook Chicken tortilla soup using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- It’s 3/4 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 3 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 3 of 14.5oz chicken broth.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of tortilla chips, or strips.
- You need 1 of monterey jack cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of corn kernels.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chunky salsa.
Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite kinds of soup. Lately I've been getting chicken tortilla soup almost weekly at a local restaurant. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at.
Chicken tortilla soup step by step
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute chicken in the oil for 5 min. add cumin and garlic, and contiune to sauté for 1 minute. add broth, corn, onion, chili powder lemon juice and salsa. reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes..
- place soup in bowl, add tortilla strips, cheese and spur cream..
How to make chicken tortilla soup. First, start by coarsely chopping some onions, green pepper, and garlic. I was extra lazy when chopping so these are REALLY coarsely chopped. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal.