Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup. This vegetarian and vegan black bean soup is an easy, quick, healthy, low-fat, and high-protein vegetarian soup recipe that will warm up your Need it to be vegan? You can make this black bean soup vegan by simply omitting the cheese and sour cream or substituting vegan cheese or vegan. Tastes like the inside of a burrito — and works as one too!
Try these meatless versions of burgers, pastas, soups Nutty and chewy bulgur makes an ideal filling for these bell peppers, while tomato, parsley, and A hearty and creamy soup of white beans and pasta, this soothing dish especially good with. What Kind of Beans Do I Use? What to Serve with Bean Soup. You can have Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup
- It’s Half of cup dried chickpeas.
- It’s Half of cup red kidney beans.
- You need 1 cup of bulgur.
- You need Half of cup brown lentils.
- It’s of One-fourth cup short grain rice.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1 table spoon of powdered dried mint.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Canola oil.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- You need of Lemon wedges to serve.
- You need of Extra golden brown fried onion for garnish.
While this soup itself is vegan, I ended up topping it with some shaved parmesan. Other good toppings would be a dollop of sour cream, Greek yogurt (you could do coconut yogurt to keep it vegan), or even some. Stir nectarines, basil, beans, onion, lemon juice, oil, and garlic (if using) into bulgur. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup step by step
- Soak chickpeas and red kidney/ pinto beans in water overnight..
- Drain and cook them in enough water in a pot with lid on for about 2 hours. After 90 minutes(30 minutes before chickpeas and beans fully cooked) add lentils. Wash bulgur and rice and drain and keep them aside while lentils not yet cooked. Meanwhile fry the onion in non stick pan with some canola oil until crispy brown. Add mint, turmeric and black pepper and stir few seconds with onions. Remove from the pan and put them in a plate..
- When chickpeas and beans and lentils cooked through, add bulgur, rice and salt. When rice is soft, add onion and mint mixture and continue cooking until soup become thick..
- Serve the soup with lemon wedges..
This easy vegetable soup is full of the goodness of carrots, green beans, cabbage, zucchini, and white beans. I decided to give it a try, with one little addition: I added a can of cannellini beans to turn this soup into a one-pot meal. I also increased the seasoning slightly because of the increased volume of. Quick, hearty soup with a bit of a kick. Can be made Vegan by omitting sour cream.