Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder.
You can have Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder
- Prepare 4 oz of bacon.
- It’s 2 of diced, celery.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 can of hominy.
- It’s 1 lb of cubed, ham.
- You need 2 of peppers, different colors.
- You need 2 of serranos.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of cilantro.
- It’s 1 of savory.
- Prepare 1 of herb de provence.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1/2 quart of half and half.
- It’s 1 cup of instant potatoes.
Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder step by step
- Dice and cook bacon until slightly crisp, drain off most of the grease.
- Add celery and onion, saute a couple of minutes and then add the peppers and serranos.
- Once all of the vegetables are 2/3 cooked had the ham, the broth, drained hominy and seasonings. Make sure the liguid covers the other ingredients. If it does not add more broth or water..
- Once hot, add the half and half, and the instant potatoes. Depending upon the brand adjust the amount of instant potatoes..