Chicken Tortilla Soup. Try Creating A Classic Tortilla Soup At Home W/ An Easy Recipe From McCormick®. Browse Our Official Site For Tasty Tortilla Soup Recipes! In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat.
In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. Combine onion, chicken broth, tomatoes, and taco seasoning in a large sauce pan; bring to a boil over medium heat. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 6-8 cups of cubed chicken.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt (or to taste).
- It’s of Chili powder (to taste).
- Prepare of Cayenne (optional, to taste).
- It’s of Onion powder (to taste).
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (or more).
- You need 8 of corn tortillas in 1-inch strips (or just buy a bag of chips).
- It’s 3/4 cup of finely chopped white onions.
- It’s 2-3 of chopped bell peppers.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of seeded, chopped tomatoes (optional).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced Serrano chilies (optional).
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro (or more).
- Prepare 1 of avacodo.
Peel and discard charred skins from tomatoes; place tomatoes in a blender. Mix cumin, chili pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Editor's Note Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorite comfort foods!
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Heat 1/2 cup of the oil over high heat in a large pot..
- Fry the tortillas in batches until golden brown on both sides, adding more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels..
- Season the cubed chicken with the onion powder, salt, and cover in chili powder, add a touch of cayenne if desired..
- Cook the seasoned chicken in a pan..
- Saute the onion, and bell peppers. Throw the garlic in near the end..
- Put everything except the avacodo in a pot and simmer for about 10 minutes (or until how you like)..
- Cut avacodo into small pieces and put into soup before serving..
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade tortilla strips, avocado, lime, and cilantro for the perfect Mexican-inspired soup! Ladle the homemade chicken tortilla soup into bowls and top with homemade tortilla strips (I've given the recipe in the recipe card below), cubed avocado, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream. How to Store Chicken Tortilla Soup. Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired.