No-Frying Eggplant Parmesan. This Lighter Eggplant Parmesan Recipe is one of my favorite ways to eat eggplant. No breading, no frying, just eggplant, cheese and marinara. Prepare and refrigerate, tightly wrapping with foil.
My eggplant parmesan recipe will be the one you use over and over again. The extra prep step is so worth it; many say they will never make it any other way! Okay, so the best method to make eggplant parmesan is to pull the moisture out of the eggplant prior to frying it. You can cook No-Frying Eggplant Parmesan using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of No-Frying Eggplant Parmesan
- You need 2 cup of plain dry bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 medium of eggplants (about 2 lbs.), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- It’s 4 of eggs, beaten with 3 Tbsp. water.
- It’s 1 jar of (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Robusto!® Pasta Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 6 oz.).
This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up with baked (not fried) crispy This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is made lighter by being baked with a crispy Panko breading, yet I forgot to bake the eggplant before putting it all together. No idea how this is going to taste after it cooks but. Skip the messy process of frying eggplant and bake it on a sheet pan instead. The thick slices get the same crisp exterior and soft interior, but you'll use a Top the baked eggplant with the tomato sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan.
No-Frying Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine bread crumbs with ½ cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in medium bowl. Dip eggplant in egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture. Arrange eggplant slices in single layer on lightly oiled baking sheets. Bake until eggplant is golden, about 25 minutes..
- Evenly spread 1 cup Pasta Sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 of the baked eggplant slices, then 1 cup sauce and ½ cup Parmesan cheese; repeat layers..
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes..
- Prep time: 20 min Cook time: 90 min.
Return the pan to the oven and bake, rotating halfway through, until the. There's no salting, no breading, no frying, no fussing. The eggplant is roasted and layered with a homemade tomato-basil sauce and parmesan. An irresistible bread crumb layer tops it all off! This is summer comfort food at its best!.