Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad. Pasta salad is also quick, cheap, and perfect for picnics! Just the idea of picnics sends me off to Swoonsville. And if you're anything like me, cheap and I blended some of the roasted peppers, olives, and artichokes with a touch of olive oil, dijon, red onion, garlic, some parsley, and white wine.
When I needed to prepare a salad to accommodate unexpected guests one afternoon, this artichoke and olive pasta salad recipe came about. I made it from some of my favorite things that I always keep at home. It has become one of my most requested potluck items, and a favorite of mine and friends. You can have Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad
- Prepare 1 lb of farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked al dente.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of kalamata olives *divided*.
- Prepare 1 cup of roasted red peppers (about 3 large peppers) *divided*.
- You need 1 of x 12 oz can marinated artichoke hearts, roughly choppped *divided*.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh italian parsley *divided*.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red onion, sliced very thin *divided*.
- You need 2 tablespoons of capers.
- It’s of Note: anything marked *divided* will be used for both the salad and the dressing.
- Prepare of For the dressing:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of red onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of roasted red pepper.
- Prepare 10 of of the kalamata olives.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of artichoke hearts.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
Roasting bell peppers at a super-high heat turns them soft and sweet, just right to go with buttery Castelvetrano olives and salty anchovies. This Rainbow Antipasto Pasta Salad is the perfect way to use up leftover antipasto ingredients! This simple salad allows the wonderful flavours of roasted peppers and artichokes to shine through. Mix the peppers and artichokes together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad instructions
- Bring a large, salted pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling rapidly, add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes. Start checking at 8 minutes, then keep a close eye after that as you don't want soggy pasta! Once cooked, drain and rinse quickly with cold water and allow to cool..
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the olives, peppers, parsley, onion and artichokes..
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth..
- Place cooled pasta in a bowl and pour over the dressing (you may not need to use ALL of the dressing, refrigerate any leftover dressing for future use). Toss well..
- Then add peppers, capers, olives, artichokes and parsley and toss again..
- Enjoy! (Note: can be refrigerated for up to 3 days).
Add a little oil from the jar, if needed, along with the basil leaves and balsamic vinegar. Vibrant red bell pepper pasta sauce, made with roasted red bell peppers, garlic, onion, sage, anchovies, tomato paste, red wine, paprika, Parmesan. If you skip this step, the sauce will become too acidic. Learn how to make Tapas-style roasted red pepper and olive toasts & see the Smartpoints value Enjoy this lightened up version of a traditional Spanish bar food ideal when paired with a small green salad and a bowl of nuts, such as Combine artichokes through black pepper in a food processor. How to Make Pasta Salad with Italian Sausage: (Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.) Zucchini is probably optional in this Chop up the roasted red peppers into bite-sized pieces.