Easy Nicoise salad. Nicoise Salad is so easy to make and you can switch up the ingredients for what's in season. Tuna Nicoise salad is my absolute favorite. It's amazing that a can of good tuna, ripe tomatoes, tender green beans, perfectly cooked eggs and potatoes, briny olives and a simple mustardy dressing can make one of the most flavorful and satisfying meals there is!
The perfect combination of flavorful ingredients, this classic Tuna Nicoise Salad is a simple, fresh, and easy lunch or dinner option for the sunny months ahead. With warm, crispy roasted potatoes and green beans, tuna, olives, and more, it's a healthy meal that truly satisfies! This Nicoise salad is easy to make, but there are quite a bit of elements to prepare. You can have Easy Nicoise salad using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Nicoise salad
- It’s 1 can of tuna in oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs, boiled and cut into wedges.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut in cubes.
- You need 200 g of green beans, boiled, equivalent to 1 cup.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, cut into quarters.
- You need 12 of anchovies, soaked in oil.
- Prepare 20 of olives, black without core.
- Prepare of For the vinaigrette dressing:.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of mustard.
- You need of salt to taste.
- You need of ground black pepper to taste.
The hard boiled eggs and lemon vinaigrette are simple to whip up the night before. If you're feeling ambitious, you could also boil the potatoes and green beans in advance and refrigerate everything. This would make for an incredibly simple prep the day of. Boil, drain and cool the new potatoes and green beans.
Easy Nicoise salad instructions
- To prepare the vinaigrette dressing, dissolve the mustard with the vinegar. When it is well blended, add the olive oil and mix. Season with salt and ground pepper. Keep aside.
- Empty the tuna can and strain from its oil..
- To prepare the salad, transfer the boiled green bean to a salad bow, spread over them the potatoes cubes. Arrange the tuna at the center of the bowl, on top of the potatoes. Alternate the tomatoes and egg wedges all around the salad bowl. Garnish with the anchovies and black olives..
- To serve, pour the vinaigrette sauce over the salad..
Separate the leaves of the gem lettuces and put in a big bowl with the onion, tomatoes, black olives, beans and potatoes. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. This classic Niçoise salad is a case in point. The combination of tuna, salty anchovies and hard-boiled eggs with crisp green salad leaves, green beans and ripe tomatoes is near perfect. Add a light dressing and you have the perfect main meal summer salad.