Melissa's Whole Wheat Veggie Lasagna. Thick, doughy, soft whole wheat noodles sticking together all up on each other. With wavy edges, because somehow they taste even better with when they have style like There is one drawback. This whole wheat roasted veggie lasagna?
Make your vegetarian lasagna just a bit healthier by using this recipe, which calls for whole wheat lasagna noodles and spinach. Lasagna gets a healthy makeover with this delicious Whole Wheat Vegetable Lasagna recipe. Featuring whole wheat noodles, vibrant veggies and a whole lot of cheese, it's got everything you love about pasta without any of the guilt. You can have Melissa's Whole Wheat Veggie Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Melissa's Whole Wheat Veggie Lasagna
- You need 1 box of whole wheat lasagna.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of diced onion.
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced baby bella mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion salt.
- It’s 1 of diced green pepper.
- Prepare 6 oz of jar artichoke, drained.
- Prepare 8 oz of can sliced black olives, drained.
- Prepare 1 jar of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1 of diced tomato.
- You need 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 of spinach, few handfuls.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 of parmesan cheese.
For anyone looking for a whole wheat lasagna noodle and who may be on a medical diet, like my son is, and who needs real whole grains, these ARE NOT THE PRODUCT FOR YOU. After eating these last night, I became wary as to whether they were, in fact, whole grain. they tasted too good. This lasagna for veggie lovers has plenty of vitamins, protein and other nutrients from the mixture of vegetables and cheeses. Make whole wheat vegetarian lasagna with help from a nutrition expert and published author in this free video clip.
Melissa's Whole Wheat Veggie Lasagna step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile cook lasagna noodles according to package. Drain pasta and let cool..
- Heat butter in a large deep skillet over medium high. Add garlic, onions, mushrooms, pepper, garlic salt, and onion salt. Cook about 5 mins. Add green pepper. Cook about 5-10 mins until veggies start to get tender..
- Reduce heat to low. Add black olives, artichokes, pasta sauce, and tomatoes. Heat. Taste and add additional seasoning if needed..
- Assemble casserole. Lay noodles, spead ricotta, lay spinach, sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella. Repeat for a total of 3 layers. Top with mozzarella. Bake for about 30 mins or until cheese is golden and sauce is bubbling..
Expert: Victoria Shanta Retelny Bio: Victoria Shanta Retelny, RD, LDN is a nationally-recognized registered, licensed dietitian, writer, media spokesperson, speaker. I came up with this as an answer to my DH's love for lasagna and a healthier alternative. ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles. I picked them up and immediately was on a mission. See, lasagna is way down at the bottom of the list for both Mr. How I topped the lasagna with some fresh basil and it was a total hit.