Honey whole wheat bread. Honey whole wheat bread for a bread machine. Divide the dough in half, and shape each half into a loaf. If making yeast bread intimidates you, please don't write this recipe off!
MORE+ LESS This Honey Whole Wheat Bread is moist, flavorful and doesn't fall apart! From breakfast toast to sandwiches, this bread is the perfect addition to Honey Whole Wheat Bread is my absolute favorite homemade bread, because it is so moist and really holds its shape. The story behind this Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe: Before food blogs were popular, I visited food blog forums- places on the internet where you can discuss recipes and food. You can cook Honey whole wheat bread using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Honey whole wheat bread
- You need 2 packages of regular active dry yeast.
- It’s 1/4 cup of warm water (105° F to 115°F).
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter or margarine.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of salt.
- You need 4 1/2 cups of red fife home milled flour.
- Prepare 1 tbls of wheat gluten.
- You need 1 tsp of distalt powder.
- Prepare 2 3/4-3 3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
It's where I became “RecipeGirl,” really… since that just happened to be the name I chose for my identity on those forums. This honey whole wheat bread recipe creates such a comforting and hearty bread that tastes much better than store bought varieties. The bread is fluffy and chewy and works beautifully for sandwiches or for a simple canvas for homemade jam. My Mom put on her apple apron, pulled out the flour containers, and kneaded homemade bread like I slathered the homemade bread with sweet cream butter and honey or berry jam.
Honey whole wheat bread step by step
- In a small bowl dissove yeast in 1/4 cup water. In a large bowl, mix honey, butter, salt, and the very warm 2 1/2 cups water. Cool 5 minutes. To cooled honey mixture, beat 393 grams of red fife milled at home flour with electric mixer on low, scraping until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes scraping bowl frequently. Beat in remaining 196.5 remaining red fife flour, and dissolved yeast, vital wheat gluten, and distalt powder..
- With stand mixer fitted with a hook stir in 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour until dough pulls away from side of bowl. Then add 1/2 cups to 1 cup flour and knead for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and springy. Oil large bowl, place dough in bowl turning once to grease all sides. Let rise in warm place for 45 minutes, or until doubled in size, covered with plastic or towel..
- Generously grease or spray with nonstick baking spray 2 (8×4 or 9×5 inch) bread pans. Push dough to deflate, and divide in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each dough with rolling pin into 18×8 rectangle. Starting with one 8 inch side roll dough tightly pressing each time with thumb to seal after each turn. Pinch each end to seal. Fold ends under loaf; place seam down in pan. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Heat oven to 375° uncover dough, bake for 30 minutes,.
- Turn down to 350° and bake another 10 minutes.(I like to cover with foil after the first 20 minutes of baking) and i also butter the loaves while they're still hot. Remove from pans and cool completely for about 1 hour..
To this day it is still one of the most comforting foods that always. This delicious Honey Whole Wheat Bread is a healthy wheat bread recipe made with whole grains, honey, and Greek yogurt. It's soft, moist and absolutely delicious!! I understand that homemade bread can seem intimidating, but not this recipe! I am still struggling to get it to rise over the tops of the bread pans.