Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Search for Pizza Near Me Pizza. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. To improve the nutritional profile of pizza, use half whole-wheat and half all-purpose flour, which yields a light crust with a distinctive nutty taste.
So easy and great for our fmaily of pizza lovers. I even tried freezing the individual pizza shells between layers of parchment paper WITHOUT freezing them seperately first, and it worked just fine.be careful when unpeeling the paper from the frozen shells, but this does save one more step for you busy cooks! In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, salt and whole wheat flour; set aside. You can have Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Honey.
- You need 1 cup of Lukewarm water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Semolina.
All whole wheat pizza dough recipes are different, but they typically all have the same ingredients: whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, oil, and some may have sugar. Here is the breakdown of what I use in my own recipe. A slight amount of sugar is used to proof the yeast in the first step. In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients until evenly combined.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough step by step
- In mixing bowl add yeast, honey, olive oil and water. Whisk together and set aside..
- In medium bowl add whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt and garlic salt. Mix..
- Add flour mix to yeast mix. Use hook attachment on low setting. Once dough begins to pull off the sides remove hook. Cover bowl with towel and set aside until doubles in size..
- Use semolina on counter to shape dough. Add desired toppings and bake 15 minutes at 400°F on a pizza stone or baking sheet..
This whole wheat pizza dough recipe is easy to make, it's naturally sweetened with a bit of honey, and it is mega-delicious. Whisk water, sugar, oil and yeast in a liquid measuring cup or small bowl. This recipe gives a soft textured pizza base crust and one which is crisp from outside after getting baked. There is no denseness or chewiness felt in the pizza bread crust. You can easily bake one and freeze the other for another time.