Tomato Vegetable Soup. Find Deals on Tomato Vegetable Soup in Groceries on Amazon. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
Combine vegetable stock, tomato puree, and water in a large pot and stir together. leave stove hot enough for mixture to bubble a little. Once tomato mixture has had a chance to heat, add pasta and can of diced tomatoes (along with the juice in the can). add olive oil and garlic salt. In a large sauce pan, whisk chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, and tomato past until smooth. You can have Tomato Vegetable Soup using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Vegetable Soup
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 2 small of onions, finely minced.
- It’s 1 large of red bell pepper, finely minced.
- You need 5 clove of garlic, finely minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 can of 28oz. whole peeled tomatoes.
- It’s 3 stick of celery, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 stick of fennel, sliced thin.
- Prepare 6 small of carrots, sliced thin.
- You need 1 can of 14oz. artichoke hearts, quartered.
- You need 2 cup of baby kale.
- You need 1 cup of freekeh.
All Veggie Vegetable Soup Eat at Home. Tomato Vegetable Soup (Instant Pot or Stovetop) Tomato vegetable soup is a simple, comforting and tasty way to eat more veggies. And you can make it on the stovetop or in your Instant Pot. Here is a great easy recipe for a delicious tomato vegetable soup!
Tomato Vegetable Soup instructions
- In an 8qt stock pot, toss in the oil, turn it to low, and, when up to temp, add in the onions..
- Let it simmer a few minutes until the onions have reduced a little, and then add in the red pepper, garlic, and salt..
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper only after the mixture of veggies has softened and reduced a bit. Onions should be translucent..
- Let the flavors marry a few minutes, and then add the tomatoes..
- Turn the heat up to high, stir thoroughly, and bring the tomatoes to a decent boil..
- After a few minutes, the tomatoes should be soft, so turn it back to low and mash the tomatoes to oblivion with one of those masher mauler potato masher tools..
- Bring it to medium heat, stir in the celery, fennel, carrots, and artichokes, and let it all marry a little..
- Now stir in the baby kale and freekeh, reduce to low heat, and the soup is cooked when the kale has given up the ghost and the freekeh is soft like cooked barley. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve..
This is one of the few recipes where I “cheat” a little by using some frozen and ready made ingredients. In this case I use ready made condensed tomato soup and bags of frozen vegetables and some canned chicken and vegetable. In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrots, onions, celery and green pepper until crisp-tender. I didn't have a can of tomatoes just fresh roma tomatoes. Heat the olive oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat.