Fried Chicken Soup for your soul family 😉. Buy books at Amazon.com and save. Great recipe for Fried Chicken Soup for your soul family ;). The challenge was to make fried chicken soup.
It was eight months since Momma had prepared fried chicken and collard greens. I distinctly remember standing beside her as she cracked some eggs, added Carnation milk, sprinkled her secret seasonings, beat the mixture and then carefully dipped. Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul will touch your heart with stories of finding and creating families. You can have Fried Chicken Soup for your soul family 😉 using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Soup for your soul family 😉
- You need 4 cup of cubed leftover fried chicken ( skin and breading included, deboned).
- Prepare 2 medium of onions, large diced.
- Prepare 6 large of carrots (large sliced).
- You need 2 of stalks celery (large sliced).
- It’s 1 cup of baby kale (chopped).
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet peppers (small diced).
- You need 3 medium of red skin potatoes (cut in bite sized pieces, skin on).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of jarred minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of whole dried rosemary.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried basil leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried chives.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of homemade chicken stock.
- It’s 8 cup of water (more when needed).
- Prepare 1 of chicken boullion cube.
- It’s 1 lb of potato gnocci.
- You need 4 large of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need of topping: rye croutons and cheese.
- It’s 4 cup of plain rye bread cubes.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
From tales about international orphaned babies and children who spent years in the foster-care system to those who were adopted at birth, this very special compilation conveys the true meaning of unconditional love. He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away. ~Raymond Hull. There she is, sitting at the lunch table placed precisely in the middle of the cafeteria. Fried chicken and sweet potato pie.
Fried Chicken Soup for your soul family 😉 step by step
- To make croutons: preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Let cool, set aside..
- To make the soup:.
- In a large pot or stock pot pour in water, chicken stock, boullion cube, add carrots, onion, potato, celery, kale, sweet pepper, basil, rosemary, ginger, garlic, chives, salt and pepper..
- Bring to a boil. And slow boil for 1 1/2 hours..
- Add water as needed..
- Add chicken (breading and all). Slow boil another half hour or untiol veggies are tender but slightly firm..
- Add minimal water as needed..
- Add gnocci and cook until its done. Do not add anymore water, you want it to thicken up now..
- Wisk eggs in a bowl..
- Slowly stir eggs into soup..
- Bring to a boil and then immedietly remove from heat..
- Pour soup into serving bowls. Top with rye croutons and shredded cheese of choice. (I used colby jack).
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
- If you use canned chicken stock/broth, go for low or no sodium..
Add some soul to dinnertime with top-rated Southern classics. We love Kentucky Fried Chicken, and we always buy the biggest buckets for snacks, meals and this soup! This is an easy recipe and is full of flavor! We like a lot of thin noodles and use half of a package of No Yolk Fine Noodles. Since this is a quick soup, we love using these quick noodles!