Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish. Asparagus and garlic are roasted, pureed, and combined with half & half, or cream, and seasonings. Check out all the silkiness going on up in there! Sometime last week my other half asked me how much he would have to pay for me to make him our favorite Asparagus Soup.
Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. And these Asian Chilli Garlic Prawns certainly fit the bill. Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh chilli and shallots if desired. You can cook Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish
- It’s 1 kg of fresh green or white asparagus or use 4 cans of asparagus..
- Prepare 12 clove of garlic I used smoked garlic.
- It’s 25 grams of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 liter of vegetable stock ( use less if you use the canning water).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of water ( cold).
- It’s 150 grams of precooked large peeled prawns.
- You need 1 of or two pinch each of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of of dried wild garlic or 2 tablespoon of fresh wild garlic.
- Prepare 100 ml of whipping cream (optional).
- Prepare 1 pinch of of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 12 of asparagus tips.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Serve with rice to soak up the awesome sauce! Keywords: Asian Chilli Garlic Shrimp, Chilli Garlic Prawns, Prawn recipe. Learn how to make Delicious Chilli Garlic Prawns with our chef Tarika. Chilli Garlic Prawns is one of the best Party Starter recipes.
Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish step by step
- Trim the hard, woody ends of the fresh asparagus and cut into about 1 inch pieces..
- Soften 8 or 9 cloves garlic in 4 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes. Melt the butter in a flame proof dish . Add asparagus and sauté for about 6 minutes . Do not fry or brown ..
- Add the stock, the softened garlic with water, and any canning juices if using canned asparagus..
- Skim if necessary. Simmer for about 5 minutes . Remove twelve of the fresh asparagus tips..
- Season the soup with salt, pepper and the wild garlic..
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes if using fresh asparagus. If using canned cook for about ten minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until very smooth..
- Return into pan over low heat .You can now thicken the soup with cornflour if you like it to be a thicker soup. Do this by blending the cornflour with the 1 1/2 tablespoon of water .Whisk this into the simmering soup to thicken it. You can now add the cream if using it..
- Heat the olive oil , cut the remain garlic into very thin slices. Add the chilli flakes to oil and the garlic and heat gently until garlic starts to just brown on the edges. Add the prawns and heat through for a few minutes . No longer as they will turn rubbery as they are cooked already..
- Put the soup into warmed plates and garnish with the prawns, asparagus tips and the chilly and garlic oil..
Carefully remove the prawns from the frying pan with a slotted spoon. Serve immediately with some of the flavoured cooking oil drizzled over, with lemon wedges and perhaps some bread for dipping. Roasted capsicum strips are available from the deli and the canned vegetable aisle in supermarkets. This asparagus soup tastes rich, yet it's made without heavy cream — just veggies, broth, and a hint of Parmesan puréed to silky perfection. Begin by melting the butter in a large pot.